Open Lines Happy National Have a Coke Day!

Seahunter

AKA "Roy"
Reaction score
NATIONAL HAVE A COKE DAY

Each year on May 8, millions of people across the country celebrate National Have a Coke Day. Coca-Cola, often referred to as Coke, is a carbonated soft drink that is produced by The Coca-Cola Company. Coke is a registered trademark of the Coca-Cola Company in the United States since March 27, 1944. As of 2013, Coke products can be found in over 200 countries around the world as consumers down more than 1.8 million company beverage servings each day.

HOW TO OBSERVE

The celebration can be done by you and a group of your favorite friends getting together, having some fun and each having a tall glass of ice-cold Coca-Cola (or two). Use #NationalHaveACokeDay to share on social media.

HISTORY

In the late 19th century, John Pemberton invented Coca-Cola, at Pemberton’s Eagle Drug and Chemical House in Columbus, Georgia, intending it as a patent medicine. It was then bought out by businessman Asa Griggs Candler. Candler’s marketing tactics led Coke to its dominance of the world soft-drink market throughout the 20th century.

1891 – The first bottling of Coco-Cola occurred at the Biedenharn Candy Company in Vicksburg, Mississippi.

1894 – The first outdoor wall advertisement that promoted the Coca-Cola drink was painted in Cartersville, Georgia

1914 – The longest running commercial Coca-Cola soda fountain anywhere was Atlanta’s Fleeman’s Pharmacy. The pharmacy closed its doors in 1995 after 81 years.

1944 – July 12, the one-billionth gallon of Coca-Cola syrup was manufactured by the Coca-Cola Company.

1955 – Cans of Coke first appeared.

Within our research, we were unable to find the creator and origin of National Have a Coke Day.

Source:
NATIONAL HAVE A COKE DAY – May 8

Reactions: 7Critter
in Atlanta theres the coca cola museum, on the top floor theres fountains with all 200 countries flavors...... I have tried them all...lol......the best one being the ginger coke from south Africa..... but some (most actually) flavors are just nasty

in Atlanta theres the coca cola museum, on the top floor theres fountains with all 200 countries flavors...... I have tried them all...lol......the best one being the ginger coke from south Africa..... but some (most actually) flavors are just nasty
Ginger Coke sounds good! I'd like to go there. I've been to the Dr. Pepper museum in Waco, Texas. That was pretty cool too.

Reactions: Paulm