Eneme

Reaction score
This is going to be a bit of a long one. A lot has happened in my house. I've broken it down into sections by type of experience. So you can read just the parts that interest you or all of it. It's up to you.

Keep in mind during all of this I was home alone most of the day. By the time my brother and his girlfriend moved out I was old enough to hold down the fort by myself until my mother came home from work. So no, no one else was there.

The beginning; doppelgangers, period woman, friendly spirits
I live in virginia if that tells you anything about the land here.. when I was younger I'd mainly her a woman humming or singing around the house at night. Not my mother or grandmother. They could be heard sleeping over her song. In addition to her singing I'd occasionally see figures, shadows and formed. There was a period I'd only see her in the bathroom mirror, very tan/brown. Like her actual being was a vintage photograph and she had on a long dress, apron and bonnet with long brown hair in a messy low sitting bun. He eyes were bright and glowing. She'd smile and walk away laughing. The first time scared me but I shortly learned it was just a kind of game. It's exactly what I'd do if I were in that position. Lol

Everything was pretty lighthearted at this point. I'd ask to take pictures and things would show up (could have been dust or camera malfunction, I can admit that possibility) and also take recordings and get some sort of response, which could have also just been me hearing things because it's what I was after.

This was a decade ago or more so all of this is gone by now. I'd be playing with friends and something funny would happen and then suddenly a loud thump could be heard only feet from us. Literally sounding like a body hitting the floor even though there wasn't a single thing on that side of the room. Not a single threatening feeling. We enjoyed their presence for the most part. It was interesting and we never really felt alone. And the pictures/recordings didn't stir up any more activity than normal. Nothing new happened. And I didn't seek anything out, I simply asked if it'd be okay and they didn't have to show if they weren't comfortable. I believe respect matters a lot.

It becomes mischievous
There was a dry spell of about a year or two. I will also add I've never asked for recordings or pictures since out of respect and not wanting to risk stirring anything up. Everyone and everything deserves a rest.

Then things took a bit of a turn...

It's like everything progressively became more mischievous. Which still wasn't bad. It again became amusing. We didn't really mind it at all. Some of it was actually really fun/cool. An example would be, say... I'd be talking to my mother and then see a dulled down version of her walking by behind her and then out of the room, smiling and laughing all the way out. Or she'd be speaking with her mother and she'd see a dull version of her do the same thing. We all experienced this at some point. The men never seemed to see or hear much at all. It was all very indirect for them.

The knocking
Then it got a bit more... strange? I started to hear muffled knocking. In my room. At night... and it would only last a few minutes or seconds at first. This would happen every night and last a longer time each night. This went on until it was happening all night straight, only stopping when someone would open the door or walk by. The knocking eventually happened during the day as well. Whenever I'd pass by it'd start, like it was a taunt. At some point it became a constant whenever I'd be inside the room or pass by. All day and night. Only stopping for other people. It kept me up at night and wouldn't let me focus on homework or reading.

One night it was almost aggressive. Like a frantic pounding. I had enough of it and decided, for some reason idk, to get my little 14 year old self out of bed and find the source in total darkness. I crawled around until I found where it was loudest. It was my nightstand. Bought new from the store and passed down from my brother who didn't need it anymore. It was empty. And when opened the muffled knocks could be heard clear as day.

Thaaaats when I decided to just grab my stuff and camp out on the living room floor for almost half a year until another bedroom opened up for the taking. That's when I'd hear footsteps while everyone was asleep. And I'd see the doppelgangers roaming at night every now and then. The cat would freak out everytime one would enter the kitchen. He'd become very on edge or run and hide.

Shadow figures
This is when the shadow figures started and everything else from before stopped. The humming and singing was gone. The doppelgangers. Knocking. It all stopped. The air in the house felt heavy immediately after entering. It was like gravity was stronger inside. And like the walls were looking down on you and it felt very odd. We all felt it. I started to see normal man shaped shadows, like voids, darting around corners and hovering just in the corner or my vision. Every so often seeing one in a cloak hovering just off the floor. Almost like the things from Harry Potter except these guys were dark as a void and much more solid. Quiet. Just chilling there and the poof, gone.

There was a time one approached me directly in my sight. I saw it enter the kitchen so I turned to look but it just kept moving in closer. It stopped a few feet from me, hovering about 3-5 inches off the floor. It didn't feel threatening at all.. mainly curious. And I was as well as being startled. So I asked it, and I know this sounds dumb, I asked it, "what's up?" And it backed up and disappeared. Never saw it again. We considered calling in a paranormal investigative team but by time we were ready it all died down to just about no activity.

Everything stopped again for a while.

Knocking pt. 2
It all came back, very spaced out. Occurrences were rare but it was a good mix of all of it. Humming, knocking, figures, footsteps. Just enough to know it's there but not enough to pay it much mind at all.

About 3 years or so later it becomes very aggressive. Mainly towards me. Hardly anyone else experienced this with the exception of some knocking and shadows.

I'd hear knocking at my bedroom door and a woman calling me into the hallway. I'd ask why and be met with more knocking and the same request but with a tinge of annoyance. I'd say no and she stopped. So I went out into the hall and no one was home. Not a single person. Searched the house and found it empty. Went outside and saw no one anywhere. No cars in the driveway either. No t.v. left on in another room. Just me and the kittens.

Every time she would return to my door she would become more demanding anf knock harder. She was sweet and tired sounding once or twice but that was usually not the case. I never went out until she was gone. So I have no idea what was waiting for me, if anything at all, if I'd listened to her. This continued for about a year, including the time in the next portion. But it doesn't happen anymore.

Shadow figures pt. 2, new varieties?
So, idk of anyone else here has seen these or not. But it's like shadow people but white. But unlike how the shadows are like darkness collapsing in on itself, they looked dimensional. With shadows and rounded features. No eyes or nose, but you could see the little bulges or dips where they'd be located.

But before they even showed up the shadow people came back but in different, odd forms. Some were taller and thinner. Other shorter or crawling low to the ground. They felt very very threatening this time. Especially one... he would hide behind my bedroom door, which now was kept open for the cats to roam freely.

Sometimes the cats would react, sometimes they wouldnt. Idk, maybe in reality they were just doing weird cat stuff. But a shadow would pass and a cat would dart out of the room, sometimes both. Mainly my mother's cat. Mine is very protective and sticks to me like velcro. He's try and fight one before running if he's laying with me. So there were times he'd run to the doorway like he chases my mother out and then climb back up to the bed and stare.

At some point the white 'shadows' started to appear. They'd be all sizes and shapes. By that I mean some were maybe 1 ft. tall and others as tall as 7 ft. Some were thin, others fat, some had to crawl as well. A few had to crawl in a crab walk fashion. Not the direction but the position, hand and feet with their tummy facing up towards the ceiling. But their heads would be on backwards it seemed? And they'd be different shades of white. Some very dull and almost dirty looking with others looking spotless, bright and new. Pure white like a lacquer.

They weren't interactive with people at all, the cats didn't notice them either. They only seemed to notice the shadow people. Shadow people would leave when the white ones entered a room. Sometimes they would leave the house entirely and not return for days because of them. They'd show up in my peripheral vision, straight on, and in flashes. I'd blink, see them and blink again to find them gone. Totally harmless entities. Zero mischief. I'd see them outside the house in the yard as well, though that was pretty rare.

Shadow figures pt. 3, it becomes aggressive and threatening
Eventually the white shadows were around less and in less numbers and the regular, pretty menacing shadows were back. The woman started knocking asking me to come out to the hallway, then I'd hear a low whisper, then she'd knock again. One time I just heard a man's deep laughter.

I started to feel hands on me. It'd be the middle of the day and I'd be sitting down or in bed and feel multiple hands all over me pulling me down or caressing me. It was horrible. Things happened I'd rather not describe because it was so traumatic.

Doors started closing, cabinets opening then slamming shut in front of me, boxes would suddenly fall over, some almost on the cats. They refused to enter one of the bedrooms, the one next to mine, for almost a year. They'd stand at the end of the hallway and stare at the door while they were shaking, hair on end.

I heard the knocking on my door again.

"Come into the hallway, *my name*" same as always. I said no. Then it threw a tantrum. The door flew open, there was knocking on both side of it, from inside the walls, cabinet doors to my armoire were opening and closing, all accompanied by a deep male scream. A frustrated type scream. Then it all stopped. Very very suddenly and hasn't happened since.

The red man
This is where the worst, most terrifying encounter I've ever had happened. Writing about it is very difficult for me and just the thought of this thing sends me into a panic and totally wrecks my nerves. I'm a mess for days after. The fear of thinking this thing back into my life somehow is too much.

I'd be sitting in the bathroom or the kitchen and an extended man's sigh would travel from on end of the room towards me, into my head, and then out the other side and away. It was terrifying. I was afraid of my house at this point.

There were muffled voices and shadows darting everywhere. It was all happening around me but they we avoiding me directly for some reason. Activity became less and less but still enough to have an experience every day.

They weren't grabbing at me anymore or any direct contact. They weren't peeking around corners in my peripheral and then hiding. It was more like being circled and avoided like I became an outcast somehow? It's so difficult to explain the behavior.

There was a night I was downstairs in the den, home alone as usual. Lights are on all over the house to make myself feel a little more secure. I'm watching t.v. when I sense some movement in the kitchen. There's a light tapping inside the walls around me which lasts quite a while. Eventually it stops and everything just feels eerie... I'm on edge and feel very weighed upon. The air became heavy and thick, everything became bright and it was like the walls were closing in on me. I looked into the kitchen and could see a reflection in the oven door. Something was shifting back and forth. This lasted several minutes before what looks like a man of average height passes by. He walks straight through the kitchen and out towards the back door.

He was molten looking. Or like opal. Reds and oranges, but soft like skin, he wasn't shiny at all. None of his features really stood out. He had no clothes but where a shirt and shorts would have fit on the body looked almost..baggy? But no lines or edges stood out. And his body still looked thin and average. He had no hair, nose, or eyes although there were black spots where they should have been. And he looked right at me with those empty sockets and it was like he set my veins on fire and turned my blood cold at the same time. He took my breath away.

The way it made me feel was so overwhelming it's like I wasn't a person or living being anymore. I was only the emotions I felt and the energy put off by this thing. All that remained was my intense fear and the feeling of him wanting to hurt me very badly. It felt like I was being hunted and the predator lost interest so he walked out the door.

I didn't smell anything odd except for a light, wet moldy smell. Not sour or rotten if that makes any sense. It was so faint I hardly noticed. Only adding it because idk if it matters or not. But there couldn't have been any unless it lasted only a few hours. Because my mother is very allergic and would have been complaining about the smell and he symptoms until it was fixed.

Almost immediately after it was gone I shot up because, oh shit... some dude must have just walked through my house. He broke in? No car lights or doors closing in that time, before, or after. So I gotbup, grabbed something heavy and ran outside the door. I looked around and found nothing. Not a single person anywhere to be found. I went back inside. Hardly anything has happened in my house since. Maybe one thing will go missing, move, or there will be a single knock every few months or so.

I'm sorry about the spacing for the red man part. It won't let me fix it.

I'm sorry about the spacing for the red man part. It won't let me fix it.
No problem, Eneme, and welcome to the forum. I've read your story, and it's interesting on the progression. Has anyone besides you had experiences of this during the latest activity? And is anyone else in the family/household involved in the occult in any way? One last question...do you believe you may have medium/psychic abilities?

Welcome Eneme. So sorry to hear of your troubles. Sounds like a infestation of some sort. I'm sure Debi can give you some advice.

I'm sure Debi can give you some advice.
I will, but don't forget...this forum is a joint effort of pooled information! All of you have valuable insights, so please feel free to chime right in!

Reactions: Lynne
No problem, Eneme, and welcome to the forum. I've read your story, and it's interesting on the progression. Has anyone besides you had experiences of this during the latest activity? And is anyone else in the family/household involved in the occult in any way? One last question...do you believe you may have medium/psychic abilities?
My mother saw some of the shadows but just a glimmer if that makes sense. Hardly saw them. And things would go missing like the little screws under her laptop. And there would be a popping sound at the same time every night, 11pm or so, on the other side of the room we'd sit in. Every time we couldn't find a source. But that's stopped now. Still haven't found the screws. Lol
The women in my family are all a little off like that I'd say. Her grandmother knew every time something bad happened and would call the next morning. Knowing what happened somehow. My mother frequently experienced deja vu and sometimes had dream premonitions that came true. She'd tell her friends or us and then, within the week or when she said it'd happen, it would happen.
I also used to have dream premonitions as a child. I never went to the open house at elementary school (they'd introduce everyone and show you your seat for the year) because I'd dream about it. So I'd go in on the first day and know who everyone was and where I was going. I saw the posters on the walls and everything. The week before school every year until middle school. Probably because there were so many classrooms at that point.
Now I get very strong gut feelings and passing thoughts. I don't see scenes in my dreams anymore. But I'll be doing normal things and then suddenly think, "this person is going to be here tonight. And we're probably going to go, it'll be a surprise for me and then we'll see them by chance on the street." And I'll ignore it because it's more like my brain drifting off into almost a daydream. But then it happens. So I always tell my fiancé now and he has started to take me more seriously.
He lovingly and jokingly refers to me as a witch. It's a running joke in our circle of friends, all very lighthearted. When there's an issue someone is having, physical or mental I do research and give them holistic or spiritual advice. Herbs, oils, candles, incense. Protection rituals for candle meditation just to be safe. I don't call on anything or really divinate. I have a small collection started of tarot cards and pendulums. But I don't really use them yet. But I always cleanse my space with either candles, sage or incense and fill it with my good vibes, welcome only good energy and forbid the negative from entering my space.
Maybe the problem was a rough period of depression. I stopped cleansing. I stopped doing much of anything other than drawing and reading. I put all of my spirituality on hold for a good long while. Started up again and the situation has significantly improved. Lol whether it's related or not idk. My inner turmoil could have attracted them. I feel like they've always been pulled in somehow. Just not all are negative, mainly curious. Even if they startle me, them being curious or a little mischievous isn't a terrible thing.

My niece also predicted her little brothers conception and then gender before anyone even knew. She was giving us nostalgic type stories of a past life and being in the womb for a while during that time. She also spoke of a dark man and gave him some name I can't recall. Nothing negative, really. But he'd develop a temper with people doubting his existence. This was their old house. The tales of him stopped when they moved.

Reactions: Debi
More on my mother's dream premonitions. They seemed to be very love related. She always knew when she'd meet a new guy or boyfriend. Even my father or her last boyfriend. She also knew when I became... active and called me out. Her only evidence being she had a strong feeling and just knew. Without even seeing me yet.
I also pick up on other's emotions very strongly. Even small changes seem dramatic to me. That's taken the fiancé a while to get used to. He tries to stay a little calmer now so as not to spazz me out lol still happens of course. But he listens and genuinely cares and accepts it all. Whether he likes it or not. Haha :)

Reactions: Debi