Half human, half chicken creation in lab

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Hybrid human chicken embryos: HALF HUMAN – HALF CHICKEN abomination created in US lab

Hybrid human chicken embryos: HALF HUMAN – HALF CHICKEN abomination created in US lab
A TEAM of stem cell researchers have done the seemingly impossible and successfully combined artificial human cells with the embryo of a chicken in a shock new experiment aimed at trying to better understand developing life.

Until now, scientists have been unable to answer how certain cells in a developing embryo decide to become muscles or limbs, while others become bones and nerves.

But now researchers led by Dr Ali Brivanlou, from Rockefeller University in New York, have achieved the unimaginable in a shock experiment.

By grafting petri dish-grown human cells onto the embryo of a chicken the scientists were for the first time ever able to observe how cells organise themselves.

The study was published this week in the science journal Nature where the scientists unveiled the inner machinations of so-called ‘organiser cells’.

I thought there was supposed to be a ban on this research? Obviously, ban has been lifted.

I thought there was supposed to be a ban on this research? Obviously, ban has been lifted.
That’s the thing about a god complex. You think you’re above the law

Hmmmm.... I guess we now know how the bird flu will be able to mutate to make the jump to humans easier....
Don't any thoughts like this ever cross their minds.....

Reactions: Lynne
I dunno, think in the embryo stage its allowed, but only for a very short time limit before it has to be destroyed, or something like that....definitely no long term, or births allowed..............yet.

Reactions: Charleh
So please don't anyone post here any images of what this thing does - or could - look like. I don't want to innocently scroll down in this thread and find a photo of a chick-uman (or a hum-icken) staring back at me.

IRL it is one thing to consider transplanting an animal organ into a human to try to save a life. But this is a GMO gone very wrong; this is really some disturbing kind of event.

Moderators - can we maybe get an "I really don't like this button" added to the forum!

So please don't anyone post here any images of what this thing does - or could - look like. I don't want to innocently scroll down in this thread and find a photo of a chick-uman (or a hum-icken) staring back at me.

IRL it is one thing to consider transplanting an animal organ into a human to try to save a life. But this is a GMO gone very wrong; this is really some disturbing kind of event.

Moderators - can we maybe get an "I really don't like this button" added to the forum!
No such button, but hey, I feel you. These kind of stories deeply disturb me. We are into chimara here, and you just KNOW if they announce they've gone this far, somebody somewhere has already taken it to the next level!