Hair

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Let us remember those hairstyles and color adventures! What's your natural color? Have you ever dyed it? Bleached it? What's the worse style of cut you've ever had? Cut it yourself? Let's hear about it!

My mom used to give me the straight bangs look with a short bowl cut behind. I HATED IT. I think it was called a pixie cut. :eek: My mom cut all our hair to save money. As soon as I could out run her it didn’t happen anymore.

I dye my hair now but keep it pretty close to my brown color.

I have naturally auburn hair, which has been enhanced enough times that I have covered the color sprectrum...including green once accidentally and before it was vogue! Wore it blond in the 80's, but more red than any other color choice as it's close to my own that way.

I would run from my mom when she'd get one of those kinky frizzy home perm kits. My hair is straght with a slight wave and she'd get those darn smelly kits and make my already way to much volume hair into a poof ball! I had an afro at 6 from her trials and errors. OK, so more error and I had the trials from it.

My hair is very wavy brown. Edit: When I had hair, my hair was very wavy brown...I am now 50% grey and balding :(

At one time in college, I permed it...it kept its really tight curl for six full months,

A few years later, my girlfriend told me she felt like everyone might be staring at her at a company party - let them look as she looked like Stevie Nicks. So I had my hair tinted maroon with the hopes I could divert some of the stares away from her.

Last edited:
My hair is very wavy brown.

At one time in college, I permed it...it kept its really tight curl for six full months,

A few years later, my girlfriend told me she felt like everyone might be staring at her at a company party - let them look as she looked like Stevie Nicks. So I had my hair tinted maroon with the hopes I could divert some of the stares away from her.
YOU are a fantastic man to do that!

In college, I had long wavy hair and a beard. My nickname at the time was "Firpo" because I bore a striking resemblance to then professional wrestler, Pampero Firpo (see below). Never colored it, just washed and blow dried it. Got a very respectable haircut as gradution and job interviews neared, then in my forties grew a ponytail which I eventually donated to "Locks of Love."
5a620e0c6f427.image.jpg