Had a strange thing when I was a kid and always wondered

boo

Reaction score
I figured I'd share this little incident I had when a kid. I was about 12 and was going to go out with my parents to dinner and we had a little toy poodle doggie we were leaving as we always did when we went out for a meal. But that one night I kept thinking I don't want her alone without noise. And I kept on insisting about it. I don't know what came over me. So my dad turned on the radio for her. I don't know if I was just feeling sorry for her, but my dad said maybe someone was going to break in that night, and I sensed it, and the noise of radio detoured anyone. Do you think that is possible that is what happened? It always stood out to me and dad knew I had that something or other. lol But he felt sure that's why I had that feeling and he listened to me then. Maybe we saved our precious doggie and our house from robbery. Just always made me wonder. Had to share it. Thanks. Nothing scary in it. Just that gut feeling of mine that night. I bet that was it. I feared for our dog there alone for some reason.

Was there evidence of a break in?

I think it’s always good to listen to your gut, inner voice.

Reactions: ghostkind
No. It's odd but dad had a good thought about it there. I think I was just sad to leave her alone there and scared something might happen that night. Seemed like a sensation I had. Sensing something to come. Never hurts to leave noise on when gone too. I think they had an alarm then. Sometimes they drive by and see alarm and dog and leave you alone too. Noise heard might have helped. I always wondered about it with that gut thing I have. If you all ever need advice on something, I could practice my gut on you all. lol ESP thing. I think I'm a bit small amount psychic. Or psycho, not sure which. Kidding there.

Reactions: Lynne and ghostkind
my brother left a radio on in his house and went to a concert. when he got home the house had been broken into and the burglers had turned the radio down. lol.

Reactions: Lynne
Guess that wasn't a big help then. LOL I like to think it helped her somehow. lol Maybe ghosts when we leave. I worried one would spook her or she'd get scared alone. I was a sweet kid. Not sure what went wrong there. joking again. lol He must have stayed out too late and they tend to come at 3:00 am. We had our car broken into outside one time. They stole our convertible tops. They were professionals. I heard them but I couldn't have stopped them. Afraid they'd have a gun. It was scary. I was sick with a cold that time. That was an odd night.

Reactions: ghostkind
Guess that wasn't a big help then. LOL I like to think it helped her somehow. lol Maybe ghosts when we leave. I worried one would spook her or she'd get scared alone. I was a sweet kid. Not sure what went wrong there. joking again. lol He must have stayed out too late and they tend to come at 3:00 am. We had our car broken into outside one time. They stole our convertible tops. They were professionals. I heard them but I couldn't have stopped them. Afraid they'd have a gun. It was scary. I was sick with a cold that time. That was an odd night.
Keep 911 on speed dial

lol. you are still sweet, boo! :) i think the radio did work in your case tho.

Might have been heard in the back yard if a prowler was approaching. We had a nice house in nice neighborhood then. Still have a nice one with hubby now. But that could have been something to it. I won't ever know for sure. Right on speed dial and we have alarm with a button for the police now too. I'm armed and have four dogs now. We're dangerous. lol