News Guns taken from veteran after complaint with no proof.

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
http://www.wnd.com/2015/04/all-of-veterans-guns-seized-after-false-allegation/

In an incident that is being repeated all across the country far more frequently than is reported, a retired Navy veteran in Glendale, Arizona, has had his gun collection confiscated by authorities after an irate neighbor filed a harassment order.

Rick Bailey, 56, is a disabled retired software-systems engineer who has slowly accrued a collection of 28 firearms, with an estimated worth of about $25,000. The collection was seized after a neighbor claimed Bailey threatened to shoot him, an accusation Bailey calls “bullsh-t.”

So all it takes is a complaint from a neighbor, which looks suspiciously like retaliation, to have your guns taken from you? Just the neighbor's claim that a threat was made, with no corroborating evidence at all? Where exactly is the due process here?

Hmmm...I wonder what the real story is. Maybe the neighbor is an asshat, but it could be that Bailey really was making constant threats. I used to know a jerk who said he rode with the Hells Angels at one point and insinuated that he was "connected" (the mob). He also had firearms. I could see someone making a complaint against the idiot that I knew. Who knows about Bailey?

Reactions: surge
I agree, if the guy was making threats then that has to be addressed. But there should be more of a process than "Hey, your neighbor says you threatened him. Give us your guns.". I can say anything about anyone, but without proof it's just hearsay.

Reactions: Debi
I agree, if the guy was making threats then that has to be addressed. But there should be more of a process than "Hey, your neighbor says you threatened him. Give us your guns.". I can say anything about anyone, but without proof it's just hearsay.
Agreed....and once they confiscate guns, the owner usually never gets them back. Even if entirely innocent!

Reactions: surge