Guns, knives, pens, flashlights, etc.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
In honor of our Staff member, Seahunter, we could call this the Seahunter thread of interests! lol But this is the place to discuss any of those things that you carry around with you or have stored in the garage! (Gals are welcome to jump on in as well!)

Carry on! (Or is that open carry?)

Hey guys! This thread will focus mainly on EDC (Every Day Carry) for those still learning. EDC is just what it says - stuff you carry with you every day. Examples include:

Phone
Wallet
Notebook
Pen
Watch
Flashlight
Knife
Gun
Etc.​

Also feel free to add anything you carry that we may not have thought of! Even better, post a picture of your EDC set-up.

Welcome aboard, and lets see some awesome EDC gear!

Sea ;cr5

Okay, I'll try to start this off...

As with any EDC, mine changes all the time. Since I collect most of the items I carry, I rotate different items in and out frequently while keeping it basically the same type of gadget.

Phone - Alcatel Fierce for emergencies only.

Alcatel_One_Touch_Fierce_7024__66929.1443729869.380.500.jpg

Wallet - Minimalist card wallet for front pocket carry from Popov Leather.

leather-5-card-wallet-driftwood-5-card-leather-wallet-2_720x720.jpg

Notebook - I always carry Field Notes, also in a Popov Leather product.

leather-field-notes-cover-driftwood-leather-field-notes-cover-with-pockets-1_720x720.jpg

Pen - I usually use fountain pens, but they are not always practical for EDC. If I use a ballpoint, it is almost always a Fisher Space Pen. This is the Zero Gravity model.

ZGS.jpg

Watch - Again, this varies with my collection. Here is my Breitling Avenger II Seawolf.

A1733110_BC30_169A.jpg

Flashlight - Almost always a Mag-Lite. Here is the Mini Mag.

e1c4f5b2-06e0-417a-8b14-0781cbfbc6d9

Knife - Always varies, most often a Kershaw or Benchmade. This is my favorite, the Adamas.

bm_275__59010.1475174166.jpg

Gun - Varies. Springfield, Smith, Beretta, etc., but my favorite two are Kimbers - Ultra Carry II with Crimson Trace, and Micro 9 with Crimson Trace.

kim_3200134.jpg

Micro_DesertTanLG_CatProfile_SS.jpg

Last edited:
Hope I’m not posting the opposite of what was intended. I almost never carry cash - not even a dollar, nor even a quarter.

Dooms Day will come and I’ll be trying to use my seven credit cards and my debit card as commitments to pay people back later for minimum necessary survival stuff.

Hey guys! This thread will focus mainly on EDC (Every Day Carry) for those still learning. EDC is just what it says - stuff you carry with you every day. Examples include:

Phone
Wallet
Notebook
Pen
Watch
Flashlight
Knife
Gun
Etc.​

Also feel free to add anything you carry that we may not have thought of! Even better, post a picture of your EDC set-up.

Welcome aboard, and lets see some awesome EDC gear!

Sea ;cr5

How do you carry all of this stuff Sea?

Do you have extra deep pockets in your pants? Do you wear one of those ghost hunting vests with the many dozen pockets? Or, are you Batman?

I know for certain that if I carried even half of those items in my pant pockets I'd need to add suspenders to the belt I already wear. What is the secret?

notebook / pen
knife of some sort, style depends on location I may be in. Kershaw or cold steel being favorites
phone
always have a flashlight close by. in the truck, nightstand, every room of the house..(actually have an obsession with flash lights...lol)
as far as weapons I usually carry a 1911 but do have 9 mm's and 38's to fall back on.
always have rope, tarps, and other various items in the truck.
these are basics that are always on me or nearby......other items come into play / use, depending on the location, environment, and mode of dress...lol