Guns, knives, pens, flashlights, etc.

I.AM.DYING....... I . WANT. EVERYTHING! I have brass knuckle,brass firestarted,spacepen,bulldog head defense weapon,3 skeleton keys and a small canister on my key ring. I have knives,everywhere. just got 6 throwing knives. Have a crossbow in my car...and more
Nice toys, Jad. I'd like to get a crossbow eventually, but I don't know much about them yet and need to start researching. Researching a new toy is half the fun for me!

Nice toys, Jad. I'd like to get a crossbow eventually, but I don't know much about them yet and need to start researching. Researching a new toy is half the fun for me!

there is a very good point Seahunter has brought up here....and that is training....Sea has also stated a few times now the importance of not carrying your weapon off person, I have seen women who insist that they are going to carry their weapon in there purse, see it at the range regularly, have talked to women who do this and don't realize that purse snatching is quite possibly what you will run into far more than a violent type crime., but that knowledge is part of the training you should be seeking, not just going to the range and learning how to shoot, but also the knowledge of being aware of your surroundings at all times, how to not look like and therefore become a victim, how to fight back an attack if you cant get to your primary weapon fast enough. training covers a very large spectrum of scenarios and possibilities...and when the adrenaline kicks in you will revert back to how you trained....

every one please throw in your ideas, stories, etc.....lets hear how you train and / or how you teach others if that be the case.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]

I use rose quartz and black tourmaline for grounding. I am an empath, these two cyrstals aid in the "protection wall" i put up when in a situation where i feel that i am taking in too much human energy or taking in human energy that isnt postive.
I use the salt, black tourmaline and rose quartz in the "protection wall" i build when I have encoutered paranormal energy that I feel is not good for me or if I have a entity in my presence. I keep rose quartz, salt and black tourmaline with me at all times and I have a set of all three i keep at work as well......there is an enitity there is likes to haresse me.
The lavender I use when I am in pain or stressed.....it has a calming affect on me. The frankensence is used when i need something a bit more powerful when trying to keep human and spirit energy away from me.
These are just a few "tools" I use.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Aces, for the explanation of your crystals, etc. I know very little about these qualities of items except for a few basic ones like lavender. I used to use that to calm my dogs when they were stressed.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
there is a very good point Seahunter has brought up here....and that is training....Sea has also stated a few times now the importance of not carrying your weapon off person, I have seen women who insist that they are going to carry their weapon in there purse, see it at the range regularly, have talked to women who do this and don't realize that purse snatching is quite possibly what you will run into far more than a violent type crime., but that knowledge is part of the training you should be seeking, not just going to the range and learning how to shoot, but also the knowledge of being aware of your surroundings at all times, how to not look like and therefore become a victim, how to fight back an attack if you cant get to your primary weapon fast enough. training covers a very large spectrum of scenarios and possibilities...and when the adrenaline kicks in you will revert back to how you trained....

every one please throw in your ideas, stories, etc.....lets hear how you train and / or how you teach others if that be the case.
Thanks, Paul, excellent points on training. While it's not always easy or affordable to take hands-on training, you can still continue to gain knowledge and training. I read a lot, watch a ton of YouTube videos, and also watch live training seminars through organizations such as the NRA (National Rifle Association) and USCCA (United States Concealed Carry Association). Sure, studying self defense is never a replacement for real live training, but every little bit helps, and puts you in the mindset of what can I do in various situations.

Thanks, Paul, excellent points on training. While it's not always easy or affordable to take hands-on training, you can still continue to gain knowledge and training. I read a lot, watch a ton of YouTube videos, and also watch live training seminars through organizations such as the NRA (National Rifle Association) and USCCA (United States Concealed Carry Association). Sure, studying self defense is never a replacement for real live training, but every little bit helps, and puts you in the mindset of what can I do in various situations.

exactly, read as much as possible, videos, whatever you can get if you cant afford hands on training, find some one you trust or know who can teach you....etc....find a forum like this and ask questions. (although that can be questionable sometimes, but we will keep it real here...lol).
there is a lot of variables ppl new to weapons don't understand or even realize.....for example,... my wife can hit center mass shot after shot with my .45....but she carries a 357 revolver... because I know how adrenaline can affect someone under stress. I would rather her keep it simple than have a jam or something under those conditions...

So this EDC stuff got me curious especially since the majority of the posts in this thread migrated from keys, watches, and cottonballs into “whatever is typically stored in an armory”. So I’ll add back in some inputs of my own based on www searches on the topic. Things others suggest - and do I carry them?:

Hair comb - no, I have male pattern baldness. What’s left is too short to coiffe.

Hair bands or rubber bands - ummmm, nope (see prior input).

Nail clippers - nope, that’s what teeth are for.

Handkerchief - nyet, I prefer long sleeves or Kleenex tissues.

Lighter - as the Seminole Indians say (but with a different meaning) “nene” as I gave up pyromania a few years ago and I have never smoked.

Flask - nopers but now I know this is a thing. I used to think “it’s five o’clock somewhere” was the official trigger to drink. But now that I can sociallly EDC that bad boy, I’ll be heading to the liquor store to get one toooonight!

USB flash drive - I’ve not had to steal any secret plans from a corporate mogul’s temporarily logged in and abandoned PC for several months now, so the closest flash drive I have is in my gym bag. Seems I can always find one for cheap at 7-11 or almost anywhere if I need one. That’s the same reason I don’t EDC a bottle of Coke nor a breakfast burrito - they be at 7-11 everyday.

Breath mints - yes I do.

find a forum like this and ask questions. (although that can be questionable sometimes, but we will keep it real here...lol).
Great point! My goal here is to keep it just as "safe" as the rest of the forum, meaning no trolling, bashing, bullying, etc. This is first and foremost a paranormal forum. I decided to open up these threads because a lot of people are interested in these topics, and we often end up discussing them. Paul is right, on a gun forum, or EDC forum, it can get rather questionable and rough, especially with newbies. I want everyone to feel free to ask questions and not feel intimidated. With that said, it will help if we explain acronyms, abbreviations, etc., so people are not lost if they are new.

So this EDC stuff got me curious especially since the majority of the posts in this thread migrated from keys, watches, and cottonballs into “whatever is typically stored in an armory”. So I’ll add back in some inputs of my own based on www searches on the topic. Things others suggest - and do I carry them?:

Hair comb - no, I have male pattern baldness. What’s left is too short to coiffe.

Hair bands or rubber bands - ummmm, nope (see prior input).

Nail clippers - nope, that’s what teeth are for.

Handkerchief - nyet, I prefer long sleeves or Kleenex tissues.

Lighter - as the Seminole Indians say (but with a different meaning) “nene” as I gave up pyromania a few years ago and I have never smoked.

Flask - nopers but now I know this is a thing. I used to think “it’s five o’clock somewhere” was the official trigger to drink. But now that I can sociallly EDC that bad boy, I’ll be heading to the liquor store to get one toooonight!

USB flash drive - I’ve not had to steal any secret plans from a corporate mogul’s temporarily logged in and abandoned PC for several months now, so the closest flash drive I have is in my gym bag. Seems I can always find one for cheap at 7-11 or almost anywhere if I need one. That’s the same reason I don’t EDC a bottle of Coke nor a breakfast burrito - they be at 7-11 everyday.

Breath mints - yes I do.
LOL! One thing you will find, or did find, is that EDC items are only limited by your imagination! Ask 20 different people what they carry, and you'll have similarities, but they'll also be totally different. It depends on what you're carrying for and when. Work EDC, after work EDC, weekend EDC, etc. There probably is a lot of overlap, but they can vary too.