Guns, Ammo, and Gun Gear

I like watching these short little videos produced by the USCCA. Again, I'm not promoting them, just passing along some good information.

Great video

laser-assault-rifle-cropped-thumb-600x400-87006.jpg

LASER ASSAULT RIFLE

Developed in China and able to produce an energy beam that can't be seen by the naked eye, the ZKZM-500 laser assault rifle could change warfare as we know it. The "non-lethal" weapon weighs under seven pounds, has a range of over half a mile, and is said to be powerful enough to burn through a gas tank to ignite the fuel, or through clothing in a split second. The rifle produces no sound, is powered by a lithium battery pack and can fire more than 1,000 times on a charge.

Hmm, doesn't sound too "non-lethal" to me.

ruh roh

Reactions: Seahunter
Although I have some Glocks and 1911's, I now prefer all of my revolvers over them. Why? Ease of use. As I have gotten older:eek:, I do not have the hand strength to easily load a pistol. No such issues with a revolver, so I have "evolved" back to where I started, lol.

As for ammunition, I have always bought guns that can utilize the same ammunition. It always made sense (and I was trained that way). For sheer enjoyment, I love both of my lever action .357 rifles. And of course, all of my revolvers (except the Judge) are .357/.38.

My wife, however, prefers shooting her Ruger .22 LCR, loaded with 'snake shot'. But, she can handle the .357 as well, if need be.

My 27 yr old son prefers his Glock and his .357 lever action rifle.

I guess that is why there are so many varieties of shooting weapons available. Keeps life interesting:D.

The key is to 1st have a weapon. 2nd, know how to use it and maintain it properly. 3rd, pray you never have to use it in self defense. 4th, glad you had it for that self defense moment. 5th numbers 1,2 and 4 again:cool:

Although I have some Glocks and 1911's, I now prefer all of my revolvers over them. Why? Ease of use. As I have gotten older:eek:, I do not have the hand strength to easily load a pistol. No such issues with a revolver, so I have "evolved" back to where I started, lol.

As for ammunition, I have always bought guns that can utilize the same ammunition. It always made sense (and I was trained that way). For sheer enjoyment, I love both of my lever action .357 rifles. And of course, all of my revolvers (except the Judge) are .357/.38.

My wife, however, prefers shooting her Ruger .22 LCR, loaded with 'snake shot'. But, she can handle the .357 as well, if need be.

I guess that is why there are so many varieties of shooting weapons available. Keeps life interesting:D.

The key is to 1st have a weapon. 2nd, know how to use it and maintain it properly. 3rd, pray you never have to use it in self defense. 4th, glad you had it for that self defense moment. 5th numbers 1,2 and 4 again:cool:
Revolvers are also more simple for concealed carry. What are the odds that you end up in a firefight where a loaded Glock with 2 extra mags is needed?

Reactions: Paulm and Seahunter

I learned on a revolver too. There definitely is a satisfaction of knowing that more likely than not, a revolver is going to go bang if you need it to. I have seen enough malfunctions with semi's to at least give you a cause to think about their reliability even if it is also likely that the odds are it is going to go bang too.

I learned on a revolver too. There definitely is a satisfaction of knowing that more likely than not, a revolver is going to go bang if you need it to. I have seen enough malfunctions with semi's to at least give you a cause to think about their reliability even if it is also likely that the odds are it is going to go bang too.
add to that the andrenlin running thru you at the time!!!

add to that the andrenlin running thru you at the time!!!
Yes, all the factors of a tense, split-second reaction. Adrenalin, heart rate, breathing, tunnel vision, hearing, etc. - all these things diminish all the hard training you have put in. Therefore the more training you have, good training, will help you learn how to deal with some of these effects when it counts.

Reactions: Charleh
Yes, all the factors of a tense, split-second reaction. Adrenalin, heart rate, breathing, tunnel vision, hearing, etc. - all these things diminish all the hard training you have put in. Therefore the more training you have, good training, will help you learn how to deal with some of these effects when it counts.
Maybe you need harder training