Group's explanation why the world didn't end

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Christian group changes its end of the world deadline

• eBible Fellowship predicted doomsday would happen Wednesday
  • The group's Chris McCann claimed the group predicted the wrong date
  • He wrote online that the group wasn't 'incorrect concerning the fact that it will one day soon come to an end'

A Christian group's leader posted a message online Thursday -- one day after the end of the world, which the group had earlier predicted would take place Wednesday, did not occur.

eBible Fellowship's Chris McCann wrote on its website: 'For some time now E Bible Fellowship (and myself) have been looking towards October 7th as the likely end of the world.

'We believed there was a strong likelihood that God would complete His judgment and bring about the world's destruction on that day.

'There was much biblical information pointing to this date and we freely shared it with all.

'Yet, consistently stressing throughout the entire time period that the world ending on that date was a "strong likelihood."

'Since it is now October 8th it is now obvious that we were incorrect regarding the world's ending on the 7th.'

McCann claimed the group had predicted the wrong date.

He wrote: 'E Bible Fellowship was incorrect regarding the specific day of its end, but we were not incorrect concerning the fact that it will one day soon come to an end.'

In the Thursday post, McCann compared predicting doomsday to a terminally ill patient surpassing the life expectancy predicted by a doctor.

And THIS is how you cover your a$$ when the world doesn't end as you predicted!

As an acquaintance of mine, Dr Chandler, new PhD in English, once wrote, "a case of premature apocalation". I admired that phrase in 2012 when I first read it, and I admire it yet.

Isn't this the same group that predicted it a few years ago too? Two strikes, one left to go I guess.
Yes, this is the remnants of Harold Camping's band of merry men.

Do you know how you can tell someone who predicts the end of the world is full of shaving cream? They give a specific date. All the smart doomsayers speak in generalities!

Last edited:
In 1760 Sir Isaac Newton pedicedted the 2060 world's end. Following rules of his own devising he interpreted Biblical texts ro derive the date:
"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, recconing twelve months to a yeare & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived [sic] kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060. It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. "
Source: 1704 letter held by Jersusalem University.

876ef766f2e2660b3854c9a97e80bc31.gif

Reactions: Mokey and 7Critter