Grinches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
Bah humbug!

It seems this time of year not only brings out the best in people, it can also bring out the Grinch in some of us. I worked with an older man in Kansas City who was pleasant to be around all year, right up until about the middle of December. From then until after Christmas, he was about as crotchety and grumpy as they come. Sometimes saying good morning to the man was like playing Russian Roulette!

Today's question, then: do you know someone who goes all Grinch leading up to Christmas? An uncle, perhaps, or a co-worker? Maybe a friend or neighbor who just wants the season to be over already?

The Grinches might not always be the most fun to be around, but they surely leave a stamp on our memories!
a46cdv.jpg

Reactions: Debi
Interesting question , could it possibly be that the mere thought of having the in-laws around , or worse still , having to travel to their home for the festivities , change someone's persona ! Dwelling on this could certainly could make someone turn into a Jekyll and Hyde character !

Reactions: surge and Debi
I'm a grinch.... I don't deny... I give gifts year round instead of on this day that has become full of greed... Yep, m a grinch....m

Reactions: Debi
I'm a grinch.... I don't deny... I give gifts year round instead of on this day that has become full of greed... Yep, m a grinch....m
Well, I think your reason for it is sound! You hate the greed that goes with what the season has become. You're not a real Grinch, Becki....you still have heart and give all the time! The animals you care for receive love and the gift of YOU all year. Nope, not a true Grinch! Your heart is too big!

Interesting question , could it possibly be that the mere thought of having the in-laws around , or worse still , having to travel to their home for the festivities , change someone's persona ! Dwelling on this could certainly could make someone turn into a Jekyll and Hyde character !
I think you're right on that part, Dog. Many people just find it overwhelming compared to what is happening in their own life. Some may have just lost a loved one, or it's just not pleasurable to be around family members who are not the easiest to deal with. Some of these "Grinches" don't have a loved one to spend the season with and may feel alone and isolated, so they reject the whole season. And then you have the ones who don't, or can't, feel love.

There are "levels" of Grinches, IMO!

Reactions: Speedbird and surge
Well, I think your reason for it is sound! You hate the greed that goes with what the season has become. You're not a real Grinch, Becki....you still have heart and give all the time! The animals you care for receive love and the gift of YOU all year. Nope, not a true Grinch! Your heart is too big!
Thx Debi... I just don't like the fact that there's NO thanksgiving anymore... Heck Christmas is flowing into Halloween! Black Friday is now thanksgiving day... Ppl fighting over a bargain.... We don't have much... We spend it on our zoo... But I'd rather buy a special gift for someone when it comes about.... I love to leave notes and cards or send an email... All just because... It's the site of the little personal things that todays society has seemed to loose... I work every am and pm on every holiday... So to me... It's really just another day...

Thx Debi... I just don't like the fact that there's NO thanksgiving anymore... Heck Christmas is flowing into Halloween! Black Friday is now thanksgiving day... Ppl fighting over a bargain.... We don't have much... We spend it on our zoo... But I'd rather buy a special gift for someone when it comes about.... I love to leave notes and cards or send an email... All just because... It's the site of the little personal things that todays society has seemed to loose... I work every am and pm on every holiday... So to me... It's really just another day...
Becki...you are the true embodiment of Christmas spirit.

Reactions: Speedbird
Status
Not open for further replies.