Grilling

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
HOW MANY OF YOU GRILL? WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE?
EVER TRY AN INDOOR GRILL?
SHARE A RECIPE, SECRET SAUCE OR DRY RUB!
AFTER ALL, SUMMER IS GOIN' BY QUICK!

236624110_4302716283140342_4369945348669208401_n.jpg

I prefer smoking to grilling. My favorites are smoked turkey and salmon.

Reactions: Paulm and Debi
i grill out probably at least three to four times per week and get the smoker going once or twice a month. just the normal routine from march through november. i love grilling out, meats, vegetables, everything.

Reactions: 7Critter
i grill out probably at least three to four times per week and get the smoker going once or twice a month. just the normal routine from march through november. i love grilling out, meats, vegetables, everything.
What's the best way to do sweetcorn without it going up in flames? lol

Reactions: Paulm
What's the best way to do sweetcorn without it going up in flames? lol
i leave the husks on the corn and soak them in water for 15 minutes or so before putting on the grill, then turn as the husk darkens... it will steam it nicely. good, soft, juicy....lol

i leave the husks on the corn and soak them in water for 15 minutes or so before putting on the grill, then turn as the husk darkens... it will steam it nicely. good, soft, juicy....lol
zucchini is also good to slice in half, add pepper and salt, smother in butter and wrap with foil then grill...really good

zucchini is also good to slice in half, add pepper and salt, smother in butter and wrap with foil then grill...really good
NOOOO zucchini! Nope! Nope! No eggplant, no squash, nothing that even resembles a gourd...lol

OK, so turning it may help the flame problem...or a lower flame to begin with. Speaking corn here...lol My son will be manning the grill. Hubs NOT allowed near flames anymore.

Reactions: 7Critter and Paulm
NOOOO zucchini! Nope! Nope! No eggplant, no squash, nothing that even resembles a gourd...lol

OK, so turning it may help the flame problem...or a lower flame to begin with. Speaking corn here...lol My son will be manning the grill. Hubs NOT allowed near flames anymore.
ohhh, egplant and squash is good too...lol....yellow squash is good fried too.
turning it will keep it from burning and steam evenly....and leaving it in a wet husk adds burn protection also that foil wont do.... i dont use gas grill, charcoal only for me. charcoal adds a grilled flavor that you cant get with a gas grill. almost like an extra spice. just gotta let the coals get right before adding the foods, for the grilled taste and not a strong charcoal flavor.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
ohhh, egplant and squash is good too...lol....yellow squash is good fried too.
turning it will keep it from burning and steam evenly....and leaving it in a wet husk adds burn protection also that foil wont do.... i dont use gas grill, charcoal only for me. charcoal adds a grilled flavor that you cant get with a gas grill. almost like an extra spice. just gotta let the coals get right before adding the foods, for the grilled taste and not a strong charcoal flavor.
We have a gas grill at the moment and don't use it enough. My son has agreed to give it a go. We'll see what happens.

Reactions: Paulm