Grill time!

Ketchup!!! No Ketchup!!
I am afraid that I am a total carnivore. I feed them and I eat them. I am just a part of the cycle of life. I appreciate their sacrifice and abhor cruelty but all things have a time to live and a time to die. Even a total vegan plays a part in this. The forests are cleared to make the fields and the fields are plowed to plant the crops. The creatures that lived on that land are affected and die. All living things...maybe ALL things...are a part of the same body of life and we live together and die together.

My favorite burger has spinach, cucumbers, jalapenos, avocados, and mayo with meat and swiss cheese. Bacon goes best on BLT sandwiches with lots of bacon.

Last edited:
Reactions: garnetsilver
Mushrooms. I just can't abide them, but they will consume me eventually.

I have kept pigs for food, and chickens. The pigs are fine when small - you couldn't eat one without feeling a little remorse, but once they get full grown and you are in their field - then given the chance they will take a bite out of you. Mine were well fed, out in a good field, had fresh beds and an outdoor life. Much better than some. I had no problem taking them to be killed when it was their time.
Chickens..... It can be sad but they would only die of natural causes any way - which most of them managed to do. If you don't kill the cockerels they will kill each other. So the hens were productive and ended their lives naturally, while the cocks were for the pot, except one very lucky guy!

No ! Bacon makes everything better :D

Just to clarify, I like bacon by itself and on somethings like BLTs, salads, club sandwiches (my favorite sandwich), and even pizza. Just never acquired a taste for bacon burgers.

Also not a fan of tomatoes on burgers, or any sandwich for that matter. Too slippery, tomato slices on sandwiches too often wind up in my lap.

For a long time I would Sage the meat if I got it commercially. Then ask a blessing thanking the animal and The Creator for substance... That worked until it didn't. 'sigh' I don't miss the beef much ~ But, BACON. I LOVE ME SOME BACON. :hearteyes:
I try to show great fullness too. It’s a hard thing.

Reactions: Donna K.
No tomatoes, pickles, or mustard.
Here is a variation Red Robin Gourmet Burgers 'Oktoberfest.'
On a pretzel roll with lettuce and mayo.
Saute onions in mustard.
Season uncooked meat with McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning.
Thin sliced ham and swiss cheese.

Reactions: Donna K.
Here is my go-to burger :)
Lightly toasted Onion Roll with mayo, lettuce.
McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning in uncooked meat.
Sauteed peppers and onions.
Sharp cheddar with A1 steak sauce. Or
Pepper jack with a spicy Carolina vinegar BBQ sauce. Or
Muenster with Carolina mustard BBQ sauce.

Sometimes it's good to have a simple burger with American cheese, lettuce, onion, mayo and ketchup on a.Kaiser roll. Burgers don't always need a name or a theme.:D

Last edited:
As many of you know I have the impulse control of a 10 year old in Toys R Us with $100 of birthday money.
That and wanting whatever is on my mind.
Guess who cooked hamburgers tonight?