Green mist and other things that are happening to one of my residents.

S3ke

Reaction score
Hi, I originally stumbled upon this forum for some insight on something that might be happening to one of my residents at the nursing home I work at.

There is a resident that I or my mother usually take of and she has been seeing apparitions of her deceased mother-in-law and sister. Which she did enjoy seeing as it made her feel safe. But there have been other things that she had been seeing lately. A man that had been sitting in her wheelchair and staring at her and a woman in the corner of the room that had been making her very unsafe to be in her room. She tried to talk to others about it and they just thought she was hallucinating. But walking into the room you get it with an ominous feeling and that something unpleasant might be leaving a residue. A week prior another resident from across her room had seen a green mist appearing in her doorway and it startled him so much he got out of bed to get a better look at it and it dissipated. We also spoke to him who was telling us that he was NOT crazy and that he did see it even if it sounded weird. Us knowing what had been happening before told him he wasn't and listened to what he said. Then 2 days prior, the resident that is staying in the ominous room stated that she had seen a rabbit outside of her window, but it looked grotesque and nothing like one would look like. It scared the wits out of her and had to come out into the common area for a while.

My mother who had her that night went into her room and salted the corners, doorway, windowsill, and around the bed and proceeded to say a prayer while doing it around the room. Unfortunately, housekeeping had come and cleaned it all up; but she had said that was one of the better nights she'd had in a while. So she re-did it tonight, which will hopefully help because Halloween is tomorrow.

But our main question was what the green mist could have been and were curious about the grotesque-looking animal she had seen out her window that night. I understand that since it is a nursing home and since the pandemic is going on there are a lot of negative emotions circling from not being able to see family and there is a lot of death that happens. I know that also draws things in that are attracted to those things. So I was wondering if someone might have any thoughts or theories on the matter that might help.

There is a resident that I or my mother usually take of and she has been seeing apparitions of her deceased mother-in-law and sister. Which she did enjoy seeing as it made her feel safe
My gran,a total disbeliever in the paranormal had her deceased husband visit her a time before she died.She then admitted to me there might be something in this,lol.The other people maybe just ghosts doing what they did when alive.The mist I'm not sure and doesn't sound positive, maybe someone else on here has ideas,welcome to the forum S3ke.

Hi, S3. I was already off for the night but checked in long enough to see your post here. As someone who did geriatric nursing for years, I never disregarded what a resident said they saw. I have a lot of stories from that time of them seeing relatives, etc., and as a sensitive, I could feel it myself.

Short version here for the evening, it doesn't matter what it is other than it is negative energy affecting those residents. In all my years I've never encountered the amount of chaos energy we are now all experiencing, and this is enhanced in an LTC setting. Some of what the residents may see may simply be relatives visiting. However, this open doorway combined with the time of the year and the absolute chaos energy from the pandemic leaves many "other" things able to manifest. The salt was a good idea, however, housekeeping will wipe that out daily if you are in a good facility. My suggestion would be to get some holy water and, with the permission of the resident, use that for protection above doorways and windows.

If you can also pray the St. Michael's prayer, which will be in the link I leave here in a minute, that helps set up some protection for them. Perhaps you can print out the prayer and offer it to them as a gift in the room. If your usual clergy is available, you might ask them to give a blessing to those in those rooms as well. These things won't stop the "good visitors" who are relatives, but will help hold back the elementals/tricksters and other energies that may be manifesting to these good people.

I'm proud of you for being willing to step up and try to help. Here's a link to the prayer and some other ideas for you.

One last note...we cannot discount that there may be medical/medication issues also involved so if you see signs of changes, you are mandated to report them. Medication can influence our ability to perceive these things. Some dull it, some make it easier to see things.

Hi, S3. I was already off for the night but checked in long enough to see your post here. As someone who did geriatric nursing for years, I never disregarded what a resident said they saw. I have a lot of stories from that time of them seeing relatives, etc., and as a sensitive, I could feel it myself.

Short version here for the evening, it doesn't matter what it is other than it is negative energy affecting those residents. In all my years I've never encountered the amount of chaos energy we are now all experiencing, and this is enhanced in an LTC setting. Some of what the residents may see may simply be relatives visiting. However, this open doorway combined with the time of the year and the absolute chaos energy from the pandemic leaves many "other" things able to manifest. The salt was a good idea, however, housekeeping will wipe that out daily if you are in a good facility. My suggestion would be to get some holy water and, with the permission of the resident, use that for protection above doorways and windows.

If you can also pray the St. Michael's prayer, which will be in the link I leave here in a minute, that helps set up some protection for them. Perhaps you can print out the prayer and offer it to them as a gift in the room. If your usual clergy is available, you might ask them to give a blessing to those in those rooms as well. These things won't stop the "good visitors" who are relatives, but will help hold back the elementals/tricksters and other energies that may be manifesting to these good people.

I'm proud of you for being willing to step up and try to help. Here's a link to the prayer and some other ideas for you.

Thank you very much for the insight, I'll send the prayer to my mother who will have her tomorrow. I hope that it'll help soothe the resident. Another thing I forgot to mention, and I did read your last note below; was the room that she is currently in has had residents stay there who were healthy and seeing them deteriorate at a rapid rate and eventually pass. But when others would stay and go down, as soon as they were moved from the room they would get to a better state of health at an increased rate. So we've kinda seen that room as one of the unlucky ones that we seem to have on each unit.

So we've kinda seen that room as one of the unlucky ones that we seem to have on each unit.
Sigh...yes, there always seems to be one of those on a unit. Sometimes it's even a particular bed.

My suggestion here is to do some room "cleansing" to clear out as much residual energy as possible. Along with what I've already suggested, some "smudging" is in order, but you can't use smoke in a facility. Soooo.....you can use another method. Clergy blessing the room will help a lot, but you can "smudge" without smoke.

1604162144060.png

My thoughts are ust that. The power of intention is huge. Just lighting a small amount of sage in your own home and wafting it in the direction of the person or home will have an effect. Also I believe in prayer too. St Michael is huge and will help but so will other positive beings or angels. You can say a prayer to her guardian angel without her knowing it. You can do the same for Jesus or The Blessed Mother or just God. You can pray to yourself and not out loud at all. That will help her. A long as your intentions for her wellbeing and happiness are stated you can do no wrong. IMO the drugs many people take while in long term care have a tendency to cause changes. I can remember when my mother and aunt and grandmother were in care either from myself or a nursing facility. If an elderly person gets a UTI they often hallucinate. That is my opinion since every time my mom or aunt had one she would be seeing and saying all kinds of stuff.I remember when my aunt who was in a nursing home told me when I was visiting that santa was down the hall. I went and looked and there was nothing. She insisted. I knew then that something was wrong so I asked her nurse if she could do a check to make sure she didnt have a uti. She did. The next day or day after taking the meds she and I were laughing at what she had told me. This is just an opinion and an example of something that happened to me. It may or may not be related to your circumstance at all.

My thoughts are ust that. The power of intention is huge. Just lighting a small amount of sage in your own home and wafting it in the direction of the person or home will have an effect. Also I believe in prayer too. St Michael is huge and will help but so will other positive beings or angels. You can say a prayer to her guardian angel without her knowing it. You can do the same for Jesus or The Blessed Mother or just God. You can pray to yourself and not out loud at all. That will help her. A long as your intentions for her wellbeing and happiness are stated you can do no wrong. IMO the drugs many people take while in long term care have a tendency to cause changes. I can remember when my mother and aunt and grandmother were in care either from myself or a nursing facility. If an elderly person gets a UTI they often hallucinate. That is my opinion since every time my mom or aunt had one she would be seeing and saying all kinds of stuff.I remember when my aunt who was in a nursing home told me when I was visiting that santa was down the hall. I went and looked and there was nothing. She insisted. I knew then that something was wrong so I asked her nurse if she could do a check to make sure she didnt have a uti. She did. The next day or day after taking the meds she and I were laughing at what she had told me. This is just an opinion and an example of something that happened to me. It may or may not be related to your circumstance at all.
UTI's are often a factor in geriatric care, you are correct. Normally the first thing checked when things seem wrong in any way and most CNA's are alert to these things as well, especially in an LTC. I left most of the medical reasons out as I'm assuming she is well trained enough to spot and report as she is mandated to do to the charge nurse and that she was looking for more of the paranormal possibilities, especially since she has two residents involved.

There are many medical reasons for hallucinations....one of the famous ones in my family was after my husband had heart surgery we found he was allergic to oxy. How did we find out? He first was trying to grab pixies out of the air which then graduated to him trying to escape the Red Chinese in the middle of the night by pulling out every tube in him! Yup! This stuff happens even with non-narcotic drugs as well so a new med will be looked at as suspicious for the problem if one has been added.

On the other hand, I've had many experiences with patients who I firmly believe have communicated with the other side. Once again, my husband had an accident and was not expected to live. While he was in ICU for 30 days, he talked to his father and grandfather and we could smell the cigar smoke of his grandfather...in a very sterile ICU unit. And the nurses actually made a note of him yelling out to his dog...at the same time I was at home and realized I hadn't given his dog her meds. We walked into the unit the next day and the nurse asked "Who's Kass and does she take meds because he's worried about it." We checked the timing, as my kids were witness to me shouting out at home "OK! I'll give her the meds!" and the times matched.

Welcome to the forum. I think Debi has covered your question well so I will just say hi and thank you for helping those who can’t help themselves.