Graven images of Yahweh found?

Not being disrespectful, what do most people believe God looks like,I just imagine long hair,a beard and a loving face like Jesus is depicted.
i think for a lot of people, Michelangelo set the mold with his "Adam" portrait in the Sistine chapel..... That is always the first image that pops in my mind when asked this...and the symbolism of this painting is amazing, the meaning behind every piece and part is pure genius...……. but actually I don't have a set idea, I think a light, a presence, a feel....more than anything, an all encompassing feel of contentment that a visual representation is not only not necessary but not even thought of.... the look of GOD never enters my mind.

Reactions: ozentity
i think for a lot of people, Michelangelo set the mold with his "Adam" portrait in the Sistine chapel..... That is always the first image that pops in my mind when asked this...and the symbolism of this painting is amazing, the meaning behind every piece and part is pure genius...……. but actually I don't have a set idea, I think a light, a presence, a feel....more than anything, an all encompassing feel of contentment that a visual representation is not only not necessary but not even thought of.... the look of GOD never enters my mind.
alls I know is, the idea of a melted blob of clay is fairly low on the first-thing-that-comes-to-mind-when-I-think-of-God list.

If God is perfect why does this look like an accident? LOL

Reactions: Debi
I wanna know how they sold this idea to anyone..tough sell on the God thing..one of the blobs look like 2 boobies and the other looks like a blob with a mouth..and then those 2 cartoon clay faces...oy vey!

Reactions: Debi and Paulm
Ya know, I see a lot of "art" from the ancient past and one has to wonder if the art gene was not fully engaged at that point in time!
ROFL

il_340x270.2357585404_tqex.jpg

Did you see where they believe this was the first image of Mary? At least it has eyes!

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I think the finder is making a big assumption. It could have been a statue of anyone and not a good looking one lol.