GPS directed car off closed bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/ind...na_couple_off_bridge_causing_fatal_crash.html

THIS is why I don't trust GPS! Had one try to direct us off a cliff one time in AZ! I hate GPS so much I call my husband's GPS "Lola" and told him if he listens to her over me he'll be sleepin' on the couch for weeks. And I mean it!

This tragedy took place up in "the region" where I grew up. I know that Cline Ave. bridge they drove off of and I can't imagine how horrific this was. He made it but the wife burned alive in the fire. Technology gone terribly wrong. (And they want us to get cars that drive themselves and rely on GPS for guidance? Nope, don't count on it!)

OK, my techy friend, I'll give you that. However, there are those of the somewhat older generation (the man in the article qualifies) who are under the misguided impression that these old devices "update" automatically...as is my husband despite my warnings. I haven't trusted the things since "Lola" tried to take us off a cliff. I'm one who trusts my maps and my eyes!

Reactions: surge and Shadow
:eek::eek::eek: Kinda pricey there!!!

The way I see it, Bob, my maps will get us to wherever we need to be. And besides, the "privilege" of telling my husband where to go is mine! lol :p

Reactions: surge and Shadow
I will use GPS to help find my way around an unfamiliar area, but will also not trust it blindly.

Reactions: Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.