Golf Tourney "Lake Monster"

This reminded me of the charity golf tournaments Detroit Lions' player and later broadcaster and actor Alex Karras hosted in Michigan back in the 70s. They had animals running wild on the course, loudspeakers blaring sound effects at tees, and a midget dressed like George Patton driving around the course on an armored personnel carrier. Alex knew how to throw a party.

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
This reminded me of the charity golf tournaments Detroit Lions' player and later broadcaster and actor Alex Karras hosted in Michigan back in the 70s. They had animals running wild on the course, loudspeakers blaring sound effects at tees, and a midget dressed like George Patton driving around the course on an armored personnel carrier. Alex knew how to throw a party.
I do remember Alex! lol

I thought the nose looked like a seal at first. The nose out of the water looked like a turtle head. Idk if I’d have said catfish.

Alex Karras was from Gary and Hobart Indiana. Debi's hometown. Family owned a few tire shops. Sponsored a little league team year after year where I played.

Back to the video of the pond monster. I think the tournament was played in North Carolina so we should be keying in on large local pond creatures.
...... and I read the article and it was a catfish. Was thinking that it was a turtle's flipper.

Reactions: Lynne