Gnome in Oz

was the gnome eating the roo?
Yes it was leaning over the dead roo eating it,from a distance I thought it was a fox so I slowed down as I didn't want to run it over even though I hunt foxes here as they are an introduced pest in oz.

That's really interesting,it was a very unsettled feeling,I didn't sleep well that camping trip.
may I ask, was the possible gnome looking to be eating the roo? or was the creature simply around its vicinity, curious at it leaning over. did it appear to have its own specific clothes or garments? thx

I'm pretty sure it was eating it,It didn't have clothes,or hair/beard.

Reactions: Timothy Ochoa
That is an amazing sighting

I thought to put this old post back up as there is an interest in it.My initial thought of the animal feeding on the roo was a mangey fox,It wasn't that so I figured it was the joey of the dead roo come out and standing over the mum,I had seen this happen before.When I got a good look it was a small humanoid type creature with a nasty look about it.I went to get out and have a better look but got scared and floored the car.I remember only staying till morning at the camp and then moved further on.

Gnomes....creatures that most figure belong in the garden as concrete imposters, BUT....there is a history to these creatures in myth and legend. Also, there have been reports of the "little people" throughout history, especially within the Native tribes. Often paired with the giant population in the past as well.

Oz, is there any history of them in Australia?

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
Oz, is there any history of them in Australia
I've only heard about small hairy humanoid creatures that live in the Piliga Scrub in Western NSW.Aboriginals say they sing like a beautiful girl and lure men into the thick scrub there, to devour them.A lot of weird stuff goes on in the area including Yowie sightings.Some clans of people(non aboriginal) live in there still.I knew a fireman who was sent out in a major bush fire there.He had to rescue some very strange people that had lived there for generations off grid, and had never seen a town.I am going with the aboriginals on this and never venturing in there.LOL.

Reactions: Lynne and ElliO
My current hobby/fascination is linking these kinds of sightings to native legend. I'd be very curious about Aborigine stories about things like the Little People/Gnomes/Trolls, etc, but I also know that a lot of those stories stay with the People and aren't shared with whites. (Can't blame them for that after all the mess we've made of Native American legend here in the US!)

Still, what a freaky sighting! I would almost... note almost! … be curious enough to go back to the same place, same time of year, to look for it. Almost... I think there are things out there that we human beings just don't need to know! :D

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity