Glass Shatters at Haunted Pub

I guess it could have been kicked by the guy at the bar if there wasn’t a back on the counter but it sure looked like a paranormal event to me.

Is a hard one to explain, for sure.

I have worked behind bars in the past and it is difficult to say why a glass standing on a shelf would explode like that. Even if it had been stored on the shelf straight out of a glass cleaner, there would need to be a pretty cold chill down there to affect the glass through rapid thermal retraction.

Reactions: Paintman
Glass items spontaneously exploding isn't all that uncommon. I remember a news story from several years ago about a glass bowl exploding in a woman's kitchen for no apparent reason. A materials scientist explained there were multiple possible reasons for such to happen, most associated with the manufacturing process and/or impurities in molten glass used to make glass products.

I just looked up "exploding drinking glass and bowls" on the US Consumer Product Safety Commission's website and there are thousands of consumer complaints of this happening, including specifically drinking glasses exploding on kitchen shelves.