Giant Lizards and Roos in Ancient Australia

We have members from Oz who may know some tales! We'll ask ozentity when he comes by.
I think some of the aboriginal dreamtime stories are probably based on these mega fauna,so maybe not as way out as some think.The max size for the modern day animals is underestimated.My mate hit a roo so we went back with my ute to pick it up for dog food,the animal was huge,two men could hardly get it onto the tray,it's forearms were bigger than mine,it's hands also.I saw a goanna years ago living in a paddock crawling with rabbits out west,it was the size of a decent croc.It ran up a smallish tree and the tree fell over.I'm sure these animals were decended from the huge ancient species.Just to add I got 23 shopping bags of meat off the roo for the freezer,such was the muscle on this huge animal.It was a shame the car hit this awesome specimen.

I think some of the aboriginal dreamtime stories are probably based on these mega fauna,so maybe not as way out as some think.The max size for the modern day animals is underestimated.My mate hit a roo so we went back with my ute to pick it up for dog food,the animal was huge,two men could hardly get it onto the tray,it's forearms were bigger than mine,it's hands also.I saw a goanna years ago living in a paddock crawling with rabbits out west,it was the size of a decent croc.It ran up a smallish tree and the tree fell over.I'm sure these animals were decended from the huge ancient species.Just to add I got 23 shopping bags of meat off the roo for the freezer,such was the muscle on this huge animal.It was a shame the car hit this awesome specimen.
I have to ask.... what does kangaroo taste like?