Ghosts???

I believe the true evil ones are not human. Now, some spirits are just downright grumpy like they were in life. But the true evil ones I have run into (2 of them) both were of the non-human domain imo.
Debi, what do you think happens to spirits of what we class evil people, serial killers and the like ?

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
I just feel it may not be their fault due to bad wiring or brain injury.
In the case of a physical problem their issues maybe resolved upon death. Blind people who have had NDEs have reported having sight. So a brain issue would be resolved if this reasoning is correct. Not every bad person has that issue tho.

I just feel it may not be their fault due to bad wiring or brain injury.
Oz, I believe those who have mental illness, which many have through no fault of their own, can find forgiveness for deeds done if their brain has been "wired" incorrectly. I know people after a brain injury who have done some really bad things, and I also know who they were BEFORE that injury occurred.

Those that choose evil, deliberately choose it, have a different path after this life on earth. I will not presume to say I know for sure what that path is, but there are some out there that will be spending time away from the other souls who chose Light and Love.

Off on a bit of a tangent... I don't believe that forgiveness is ever withheld from someone by whatever supreme being you believe in. The problem comes from your ability to forgive yourself once you are enlightened and free from the weakness that is a part of your physical existence. If you are truly sorry I will forgive you and I like to think that any being worthy of being called a god would be better than me. The problem is that when you are sorry a big part of that regret is going to involve you not liking yourself very much for a while. It is so much easier to forgive others than to forgive yourself.

Forgiving yourself involves fully acknowledging your errors and accepting that they were wrong. When you do this with full honestly you may well find yourself hard to like. You will always judge yourself harder than you will anyone else. It is harder to forgive yourself than it is to forgive others for the same or worse sins.

Before you can fully forgive and accept yourself has several parts. The first is to recognize that you are not special and all people make mistakes. You can't usually undo these things but you can accept your errors and try to make some form of recompense. I carry on my soul what I call a debt to a dead man. I can never pay him back for what he did for me except by passing it on to someone else in need as he did to me. For me, it is a debt of honor that is probably several hundred years old. Passed from one to another in need with acknowledgment to those from before that offered this. You never ask or accept repayment and only ask that they pass it on.

While you can't often undo things that you did in the past, you can try to balance things by offering help to others that have stumbled. As you help and offer forgiveness to others you slowly will lighten your own weight of guilt.

I don't believe, or don't want to think anything negative could be a human spirit.

I think there is confusion in the paranormal community between what we define as 'negative' and 'evil' entities.

'Negative' entities are the opposite of positive entities (duh.....). These include the likes of, for example, the spirit of a serial killer. There is negativity about them when they are encountered in our plane. This negativity crosses over with them on their passing. They still hold ill intentions and malevolence towards others, but generally, apart from causing trouble and fear, there does not seem much evidence to support that they can, or will, cause physical harm to the living. Were these people 'evil' in life? Absolutely, but in death, they are just an entity that just remains full of anger and hate.

Entities that are 'evil' have never lived in the sense, and demons are a classic example of this, although there are other classes of entities that also fall into that non-lived category (i.e. elementals). Evil entities feed off negative emotions, such as fear and depression, to make themselves stronger. They are, for a better description, an existence made up purely of the worse emotions, feelings and even actions, that the living can throw at the world. This is the classic way a demonic presence grows during the three stages of a diabolical haunting (infestation, oppression and possession).

I think there is confusion in the paranormal community between what we define as 'negative' and 'evil' entities.

'Negative' entities are the opposite of positive entities (duh.....). These include the likes of, for example, the spirit of a serial killer. There is negativity about them when they are encountered in our plane. This negativity crosses over with them on their passing. They still hold ill intentions and malevolence towards others, but generally, apart from causing trouble and fear, there does not seem much evidence to support that they can, or will, cause physical harm to the living. Were these people 'evil' in life? Absolutely, but in death, they are just an entity that just remains full of anger and hate.

Entities that are 'evil' have never lived in the sense, and demons are a classic example of this, although there are other classes of entities that also fall into that non-lived category (i.e. elementals). Evil entities feed off negative emotions, such as fear and depression, to make themselves stronger. They are, for a better description, an existence made up purely of the worse emotions, feelings and even actions, that the living can throw at the world. This is the classic way a demonic presence grows during the three stages of a diabolical haunting (infestation, oppression and possession).
I have a feeling these demonlc entities invade people's psyche causing them to be controlled by the entity do it's bidding on Earth, that would make the person innocent on a spiritual level. Some may invade when the person as a young baby or even before birth. What are your thoughts on this?

I have a feeling these demonlc entities invade people's psyche causing them to be controlled by the entity do it's bidding on Earth, that would make the person innocent on a spiritual level. Some may invade when the person as a young baby or even before birth. What are your thoughts on this?

I agree with you to some degree.

Demonic entities can certainly invade people's psyche and the victim can be 'controlled' by this negative force upon them. One of the things we studied in Demonology was how a demonic presence can influence a person to self-harm and do unthinkable acts to others, things that would be out of the norm for the victim to do. This (typically) starts at the oppression stage, where the victim can become heavily depressed, making it easier for the demonic entity to invade its target during the possession stage. A lot of people from documented possessions have very few memories of self-harming, or inflicting harm on others, following a successful rite of exorcism. Unfortunately, there are also many documented cases where the victims did not make it through the rite of exorcism at all.

There is no documented evidence of a demonic entity possessing a child before birth, or even a child aged between birth and 9-years old. Most demonic possessions, where a child is involved, has been from the age of 10-years old up to 19 years of age. This is generally known as the adolescent years. I have personally been involved in a diabolical haunting case where a 9-year old girl was the target of an attack that reached stage two (oppression) and we ended up bringing the Church in on the case. The girl was unbaptised at the time of the haunting and it all started with the face of an old man in a mirror, with which the father started communication with - and unintentionally acknowledged its presence. Typical demonic action; present themselves as something else to get you to drop your guard down. Next thing you know, stage 1 of a diabolical haunting. We were lucky to catch it at stage two........

Demonic entities will generally target the most vulnerable person it can during the infestation stage and then, during the oppression stage, it will single out that one person. Others who may have witnessed activity during the infestation stage may now believe that things have settled down, with very little activity being noted by them. However, for the targetted individual, things will have become much worse, as the demonic entity will focus all activity on that one person with the single aim of breaking them down. And the more fear it generates, the stronger it becomes.

A demon exists for two reasons, and two reasons alone - to generate and feed off fear, and destroy all that is good in a person. A fetus, a newborn or a really young child (they tend to be quite fearless, I tell can you!) would serve no purpose to a demonic entity and as such, I believe, they generally would not interact with them.

Reactions: ozentity and Debi