Ghosts or spirits?

Unfinished business, attached to a place or possessions, or just waited too long and don’t know how to move on now. Some are afraid of judgement. Just a few that come to mind

I recently read a long piece about deja vu. I don’t want to create confusion here because we aren’t talking about deja vu in this thread and there is significant controversy about what deja vu might be cause by. Any how, that post I read was about how the deja vu effect could reasonably be caused by the common six second delay between info being processed by the subconscious before being move into the conscious mind to be fully processed. That post shared an example about that six second delay - unrelated to deja vu - about how if a person receives a very sudden head/brain injury, they often will not be able to recall the accident later. The premise was that the subconscious’ immediate recognition of the injury wasn’t enough as the incident didn’t have the six seconds required to move into the conscious for fuller recognition.

So I’ll extrapolate under that premise that maybe it is true that some ghosts or spirits doesn’t recognize they are dead because they died so quickly. Maybe their very sudden deaths did not allow their conscious minds to “know” they died leaving them still trying to live here on this Earthly plane.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman and Debi
some ghosts or spirits doesn’t recognize they are dead because they died so quickly. Maybe their very sudden deaths did not allow their conscious minds to “know” they died leaving them still trying to live here on this Earthly plane.
It's possible. I've heard that some mediums have had to actually tell a spirit they are on the other side now. There is some speculation that those spirits who do not cross may have refused to move on as well, some perhaps from fear.

Since you apparently believe in heaven and hell, I take it you believe in God. If so, are you saying He can't send one of his children back from heaven to visit a grandchild he/she never got to meet in life? Not challenging your opinion or being critical, but I am curious.
I personallydon't believeit works that way. watching over loved ones from heaven yes. almost dieing and seeing heavens gates and your loved ones waiting for you but it isn't your time to go, also yes. but leaving the realm of heaven or hell, no. I believe once you're there, you're there.

If one were really interested in this subject, their attitude would be one of exploring what is, rather than asking "do you believe in this, or that?"
It's clear, that many folks have been told what is, then repeat it to someone else who tells someone else.
Thunder and lightning is God showing his anger. Not necessarily the truth, but was believed for thousands of years.

The belief that the physical, mental and spiritual planes are all different worlds, different places, might also be generally misunderstood.
Hereafter; what could this mean?

Reactions: Lynne
I recently read a long piece about deja vu. I don’t want to create confusion here because we aren’t talking about deja vu in this thread and there is significant controversy about what deja vu might be cause by. Any how, that post I read was about how the deja vu effect could reasonably be caused by the common six second delay between info being processed by the subconscious before being move into the conscious mind to be fully processed. That post shared an example about that six second delay - unrelated to deja vu - about how if a person receives a very sudden head/brain injury, they often will not be able to recall the accident later. The premise was that the subconscious’ immediate recognition of the injury wasn’t enough as the incident didn’t have the six seconds required to move into the conscious for fuller recognition.

So I’ll extrapolate under that premise that maybe it is true that some ghosts or spirits doesn’t recognize they are dead because they died so quickly. Maybe their very sudden deaths did not allow their conscious minds to “know” they died leaving them still trying to live here on this Earthly plane.

It's not at all unreasonable to suggest, that some souls are not aware of having passed over.
After all, we pass into the dream state without realizing we have done so.
The dream state is the domain of the mental plane, we pass back and forth between both these planes of existence, each time we sleep and wake.

Since you apparently believe in heaven and hell, I take it you believe in God. If so, are you saying He can't send one of his children back from heaven to visit a grandchild he/she never got to meet in life? Not challenging your opinion or being critical, but I am curious.
I agree with you Duke. I think souls that cross over can and do visit us.

A very good theory, I figured this could be the case for some but never thought about the process. Good logic Wands.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman