Ghosts or Bigfoot?

Which do you prefer to hear about?

• Hauntings

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Cryptids

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
Cryptids are just an amazing thing to me. Whether they are real or not the entire phenomena is facinating. If they are real, what are they and if they are not real what causes people to see and report them.

Cryptids, as they are supposed to be flesh and blood but elusive,there may be a chance of capture.Hauntings are interesting but disturbing to me.The thing I want to know are crytids still called this if found to be a real creature.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I find ghosts far more interesting, because they help us to discover bits of history and past happenings. They fire my imagination and provide me with materials for my creative writing. Not only that, I have never had an encounter with a Cryptid, only with ghosts.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I find ghosts far more interesting, because they help us to discover bits of history and past happenings. They fire my imagination and provide me with materials for my creative writing. Not only that, I have never had an encounter with a Cryptid, only with ghosts.
You can join me in my little corner over here, Garnet....lol

I'm honestly torn trying to answer this question.

Cryptids are interesting because, if true they are something which can be discovered and studied scientifically. The legends of giant sea creatures with long tentacles, great muscular "wild men" covered in hair living in the jungles or the impossibility of the duckmole; all turned out to be real animals that the scientific world recognizes today. Could the same one day be true for something like Bigfoot?
The story of the coelacanth raises the possibility of other "extinct" animals still being around, it's still a bit of a leap to go from coelacanth to mokele-mbembe but the idea is more feasible.

The supernatural, by contrast, is not something that can be captured and studied. The science is unlike anything we currently understand and this makes it difficult to really analyze phenomena. I think studying and learning about the supernatural will have a greater impact on humanity than the study of cryptids. However we are in the infancy of understanding any of it at the scientific level and may not see all the answers within our current life times. It's exciting to be looking at the opening cusp of a completely unexplored frontier.