Ghosts in modern day religion

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Images From The Other Side? | Spirit Daily Blog

As the month of the souls passes its mid-point, one wonders about those many cases whereby souls of the departed seem to manifest.

We treat the notion of “purgatorial” and “earthbound” souls as legitimate only if it occurred to some mystic centuries ago, yet reports of such manifestations — ironically, due to technology — are exploding in our time. We need not be mired in the past.

The Church does not pronounce either way on “ghosts,” but such are certainly in both testaments and Christ’s apostles mistook Him for just such a manifestation (“supposed that it was a ghost”) when Jesus walked on the sea (as distinct from an unclean spirit or demon: Mark 6:48-50). The Lord even uses this term (at least in some translations): “Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have” (Luke 24:39).

Marymdjface.jpg
There are so many photographs and videos showing uncanny forms or even faces that they could fill volumes. Not all are “photo-shopped.” We must reflect on those in need of prayers because their passage to Heaven is not yet complete: souls in purgatory and also those who still roam the earth, perhaps afraid of the Light, of “judgment,” overly attached to the world, or earthbound by emotion or addiction. They manifest, it seems, to remind us; to seek help. Yes, sometimes, to afflict (which is why we must be very cautious about all this; they can also be deceptive spirits).

Says Our Blessed Mother in a credible apparition: “There are in purgatory souls who pray ardently to God, but for whom no relative or friend prays on earth. God makes them benefit from the prayers of other people. It happens that God permits them to manifest themselves in different ways, close to their relatives on earth, in order to remind men of the existence of purgatory and to solicit their prayers to come close to God Who is just, but good.”

Full story at site

Reactions: Lynne