Ghosts do not exist

Mr. Ghost Logic

Reaction score
I first posit that afterlife spirits exist outside of time.

So ghosts therefore do not exist:

A loved one dies and becomes spirit. They're now with other afterlife spirits.
There's no need for past loved ones to visit you while you're alive and they're not, since the moment they die they're with you instantly [outside of time].

Alternatively...

Ghosts do exist:

You're visited by a past loved one because you're not with them in the afterlife.
Therefore they're in the good place and you're not [else you would be when you die], so they come visit.

This would mean that there's a "hell" and you're going there :anguished:

Thoughts?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Hope. I have similar views. Whereas I have never physically seen a departed loved one, I have felt their presence, and I feel that they have been around during key times of my life.

Reactions: Debi and Hopeless

There's no need for past loved ones to visit you while you're alive and they're not, since the moment they die they're with you instantly [outside of time].

Alternatively...

Ghosts do exist:

You're visited by a past loved one because you're not with them in the afterlife.
Therefore they're in the good place and you're not [else you would be when you die], so they come visit.

Thoughts?
Welcome to the forum, Mr. Ghost Logic

Not everyone experiences contact with a loved one who has crossed over , each person is unique and there are those who are more sensitive than others and are able to "sense" a presence of a loved one who has come to visit them , is it to reassure that all is well and also to reciprocate the love and the bond and also to give comfort . Dreamstate also enables communication between those who have crossed over the veil .
Ghosts are an enigma , they exist and stay on this side of the veil for what purpose , I imagine each ghost is unique as to why it did not cross over , could it be that the soul/spirit was powerful enough either through traumatic life experience or a glitch in the soul/spirit journey enabled them to stay on this side of the veil . The soul/spirit leaves the body and travels home where it enters another body which also requires sustenance as on Earth .
I believe time is of no consequence except on this dimension and as for "Hell" it does exist in the form of Labyrinths , very dark place though it does have sporadic lights where people converge , its just light enough for someone to see a face but not much else .

Alternatively...

Ghosts do exist:

Thoughts?

All of that is completely dependent on the arbitrary assertion you've made that afterlife spirits exist outside of time.

All of that is completely dependent on the arbitrary assertion you've made that afterlife spirits exist outside of time.

Rght, hence my "posit". I'm also assuming that there's an afterlife.

Last edited: