Ghostly Guests of a Tennessee Hotel : Confessions of a Night Auditor

Bob

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Originally written on an old blog.

From August of 2009 through October of 2010 I worked as a night auditor at a major hotel brand in the general Nashville area. This is about my personal experiences with energy-based beings (either once alive humans or other entities) while working as a night auditor.

Confessions of a Night Auditor

As my mind wanders through the canals of time the first experience came within the first week of working the night shift. One of the responsibilities of a night auditor is delivery of newspapers to the preferred guests first and any remainder papers can be delivered at random or set aside at a table in the front foyer.

Veiled Woman

This incident occurred either on the first or second night of such deliveries. I ascended through the floors via elevator, upon reaching the third floor, as soon as the elevator opened there was a floating head of a woman wearing a veil (perhaps a wedding veil) and she was directly in front me!

She was there for only a few seconds but enough for me to nearly crap myself. After all, this had been my first new job in what seemed like ages and I happened to pick a haunted hotel!

Motel Suicides

Luckily though I wasn’t placed at the management’s other (seedier) property—which was a popular branded motel—where, as I was told by co-workers, there was a suicide nearly once a month. There were going to be enough energy-based “baggage” or invisible occupants for me to interact with as it was.

Disappearing Guest

My night shifts were Sunday-Thursday, so there were a couple of days off. My work night began as I walked into the hotel around a quarter till eleven in the evening, chit-chatting with my co-worker (whichever was working that evening) and usually it was my good friend Holly; who I would talk with about my personal experiences of little things captured outside the corner of my eyes.

On coming back to work one evening after being off I performed my usual chores including running the end of day business night audit program; printing out all checkouts for that morning (which I would be delivering and placing under each door).

After making my rounds of delivering checkout invoices I came back to the front desk area. There was a man whom I had seen a couple of times before as he checked in with his wife several days prior and they were staying in town for a while. This early morning hour, he was wearing a grey suit and sitting in one of our front foyer armchairs. We looked at each other momentarily; I waved and went to the open kitchen area to replenish the juice machines.

I could still see him sitting there, watching me and sometimes just looking around, but then something I did not expect to happen… did.

The guy disappeared!

No footsteps, no sound of anything that would otherwise be heard if a person had gotten up from the chair and walked anywhere. Granted, I could have missed him getting up and going back to his room (I knew they were still in the system). As morning came around my manager came in and I told her what I had seen (the guy’s name now escapes me) and her jaw dropped. That’s when she informed me that he had died a day before I came back.

Negative Entities

The next impressive, but dark encounter happened with an entity that I have come to call a “Negative”.

I would later reach out to one of my former guests, and a friend, Von Braschler about what I had encountered, and his response is one that I’ll share at the end of this particular experience. But it was one that became the catalyst for my resigning from the hotel business.

This encounter occurred as I was running the nightly audit software (which I usually did 15-30 minutes after midnight) and as I was standing at the desk entering all the information, clicking the checkboxes of data I wanted to run… I peered up as I had seen something in front of me.

Right in front of the front desk was a mirror on a wall, and with the placement, you could see down the hall right beside the office area. What I clearly saw was a black shadow figure in the shape of a human being walking up the hall towards the kitchen area. At first I figured my eyes must have been deceiving me, and that I should go and greet the guest.

I left the office area (with keys wrapped around my wrist as the ownership always demanded everything be locked up) and what I had seen was definitely not a guest, but a negative entity.

It was ink black, void of any color. But it was not void of intelligence.
It was in front of me as clear as the tables in the breakfast area.

Now after that encounter I quickly made my way back to the office area, saying a few prayers. I’m not one to get scared, but this thing was sending off nasty, negative energy. It also would explain why my co-workers during this period of time were exhibiting peculiar behavior themselves such as coming to work drunk (something one co-worker had never before done—until this thing came around).

For now, these are my accounts of these experiences. I may eventually edit and add more if I feel the need is there for such. The above accounts are one-hundred-percent accurate.

I believe after my experiences as a night auditor that a hotel does not need to have anyone die there for it to have invisible guests—or additional baggage—those of us who are alive sometimes carry things with us that we may not even be aware of. Some people have energy attached to them. When they check into a hotel, that energy does not necessarily remain confined to wherever the person they are attached to may be. Such as if the person is asleep. The entity may roam hoping to either torment others or simply explore their current whereabouts.

Last edited:
Originally written on an old blog.

From August of 2009 through October of 2010 I worked as a night auditor at a major hotel brand in the general Nashville area. This is about my personal experiences with energy-based beings (either once alive humans or other entities) while working as a night auditor.

Confessions of a Night Auditor

As my mind wanders through the canals of time the first experience came within the first week of working the night shift. One of the responsibilities of a night auditor is delivery of newspapers to the preferred guests first and any remainder papers can be delivered at random or set aside at a table in the front foyer.

Veiled Woman

This incident occurred either on the first or second night of such deliveries. I ascended through the floors via elevator, upon reaching the third floor, as soon as the elevator opened there was a floating head of a woman wearing a veil (perhaps a wedding veil) and she was directly in front me!

She was there for only a few seconds but enough for me to nearly crap myself. After all, this had been my first new job in what seemed like ages and I happened to pick a haunted hotel!

Motel Suicides

Luckily though I wasn’t placed at the management’s other (seedier) property—which was a popular branded motel—where, as I was told by co-workers, there was a suicide nearly once a month. There were going to be enough energy-based “baggage” or invisible occupants for me to interact with as it was.

Disappearing Guest

My night shifts were Sunday-Thursday, so there were a couple of days off. My work night began as I walked into the hotel around a quarter till eleven in the evening, chit-chatting with my co-worker (whichever was working that evening) and usually it was my good friend Holly; who I would talk with about my personal experiences of little things captured outside the corner of my eyes.

On coming back to work one evening after being off I performed my usual chores including running the end of day business night audit program; printing out all checkouts for that morning (which I would be delivering and placing under each door).

After making my rounds of delivering checkout invoices I came back to the front desk area. There was a man whom I had seen a couple of times before as he checked in with his wife several days prior and they were staying in town for a while. This early morning hour, he was wearing a grey suit and sitting in one of our front foyer armchairs. We looked at each other momentarily; I waved and went to the open kitchen area to replenish the juice machines.

I could still see him sitting there, watching me and sometimes just looking around, but then something I did not expect to happen… did.

The guy disappeared!

No footsteps, no sound of anything that would otherwise be heard if a person had gotten up from the chair and walked anywhere. Granted, I could have missed him getting up and going back to his room (I knew they were still in the system). As morning came around my manager came in and I told her what I had seen (the guy’s name now escapes me) and her jaw dropped. That’s when she informed me that he had died a day before I came back.

Negative Entities

The next impressive, but dark encounter happened with an entity that I have come to call a “Negative”.

I would later reach out to one of my former guests, and a friend, Von Braschler about what I had encountered, and his response is one that I’ll share at the end of this particular experience. But it was one that became the catalyst for my resigning from the hotel business.

This encounter occurred as I was running the nightly audit software (which I usually did 15-30 minutes after midnight) and as I was standing at the desk entering all the information, clicking the checkboxes of data I wanted to run… I peered up as I had seen something in front of me.

Right in front of the front desk was a mirror on a wall, and with the placement, you could see down the hall right beside the office area. What I clearly saw was a black shadow figure in the shape of a human being walking up the hall towards the kitchen area. At first I figured my eyes must have been deceiving me, and that I should go and greet the guest.

I left the office area (with keys wrapped around my wrist as the ownership always demanded everything be locked up) and what I had seen was definitely not a guest, but a negative entity.

It was ink black, void of any color. But it was not void of intelligence.
It was in front of me as clear as the tables in the breakfast area.

Now after that encounter I quickly made my way back to the office area, saying a few prayers. I’m not one to get scared, but this thing was sending off nasty, negative energy. It also would explain why my co-workers during this period of time were exhibiting peculiar behavior themselves such as coming to work drunk (something one co-worker had never before done—until this thing came around).

For now, these are my accounts of these experiences. I may eventually edit and add more if I feel the need is there for such. The above accounts are one-hundred-percent accurate.

I believe after my experiences as a night auditor that a hotel does not need to have anyone die there for it to have invisible guests—or additional baggage—those of us who are alive sometimes carry things with us that we may not even be aware of. Some people have energy attached to them. When they check into a hotel, that energy does not necessarily remain confined to wherever the person they are attached to maybe. Such as if the person is asleep. The entity may roam hoping to either torment others or simply explore their current whereabouts.
Bob, this is a great story of your time there. You've led a rather paranormal life from a young age, but this particular chapter of it does give me chills.

Reactions: Lynne
Bob, this is a great story of your time there. You've led a rather paranormal life from a young age, but this particular chapter of it does give me chills.
Yep. Came face to face with the man many call Jesus and abducted by aliens. All before I was 6!
And yet, I don't consider myself a Christian. There is something out there and it is a wonderful mystery!

Reactions: Debi
Yep. Came face to face with the man many call Jesus and abducted by aliens. All before I was 6!
And yet, I don't consider myself a Christian. There is something out there and it is a wonderful mystery!
Ok now you have to tell us about the Jesus and alien experience.
Loved your account , well written too Bob. I would have fainted at the floating head !

Reactions: 7Critter
Wow :astonished:

Thanks for sharing Bob. My favourite is when you saw the guest in the chair, to later find out he had died !

Reactions: Lynne