Ghostly figure video

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

A creepy piece of security camera footage from a home in upstate New York shows some kind of figure running outside a house and then seemingly vanishing into thin air. The odd video was posted to Reddit by a user who explained that his friend installed a security system after "his dog kept freaking out for no reason." When he checked the footage following one such incident, the man was taken aback by what he saw.

In the eerie footage, a strange figure can be seen hastily running through the man's backyard before disappearing into the darkness. At nearly the same time, the homeowner appears outside with a flashlight in an attempt to see what had been scaring his dog, but does not encounter the trespasser. Answering questions from his fellow Reddit users, the man who shared the video noted that the odd event took place back in January of 2017 and that he only recently remembered that he had the footage on his phone.

A number of different theories have been offered regarding the nature of the mysterious stranger. Among the more fantastic suggestions are that it was a ghost, a Bigfoot, or even a time traveler. Meanwhile, skeptical observers have argued that the figure could have been a prowler who was caught off guard by the commotion in the backyard and subsequently made to look spooky due to the way in which the security system renders video. What's your take on the weird footage?

Watch: Eerie Figure Spotted by Security Camera - Coast to Coast AM

The vast majority of this kind of footage is an aperture error of some kind. I have had cameras do this as well, with animals and people I was familiar with. Cameras are awesome, but they are not as good at tracking as the human eye.

Heck, I had a terrific piece of footage of half of me taking my BIL some dinner one night.

Reactions: Debi
The new diet plan?
Well, it was only the lower half, so I wouldn't have weighed much, :)

The camera films from above, too, so it was somehow looking right through my entire torso.

Reactions: Debi