Ghost Towns

Keel M.

Reaction score
Website
4girlsandaghost.wordpress.com
I have had a fascination with ghost towns since about 2003 while on a cross-half-country (Louisiana to California) drive on my own. Each time I entered a new state, I would stop at the welcome center and pick up a state map. When I'd stop for the night, I'd break open the map and look at what there was. That's when I noticed that states actually pointed out ghost towns on the map. I thought, how cool is that? A lingering love of the Old West from my youth when I read Louis L'amour books my grandparents owned, prompted me to dig in to the lore of ghost towns. Sadly, the closest I've ever come to seeing a ghost town was as I drove past Stein's Ghost Town in New Mexico. You can see it from I-10. I can't tell you how much I regret not turning around and going back for a visit.

Anyhoo, that curiosity lead me to GhostTowns.com where they list any and all ghost towns across the US and Canada. Of course they're more abundant in the west, but there are some in the east. The give you a lot of detail, too, if you have a mind to go visit them, including whether you can drive to the site in a regular car or if you need a 4WD or even if you have to park and hike to the site.

I don't think these towns are necessarily haunted, but I definitely believe in the stories of people who have had troubles after removing items (even so much as a rock) from one of these towns. There are some that are even still occupied by people and still considered a ghost town, probably because the area is a ghost of it's former self.

Anyone else find them interesting?

I have had a fascination with ghost towns since about 2003 while on a cross-half-country (Louisiana to California) drive on my own. Each time I entered a new state, I would stop at the welcome center and pick up a state map. When I'd stop for the night, I'd break open the map and look at what there was. That's when I noticed that states actually pointed out ghost towns on the map. I thought, how cool is that? A lingering love of the Old West from my youth when I read Louis L'amour books my grandparents owned, prompted me to dig in to the lore of ghost towns. Sadly, the closest I've ever come to seeing a ghost town was as I drove past Stein's Ghost Town in New Mexico. You can see it from I-10. I can't tell you how much I regret not turning around and going back for a visit.

Anyhoo, that curiosity lead me to GhostTowns.com where they list any and all ghost towns across the US and Canada. Of course they're more abundant in the west, but there are some in the east. The give you a lot of detail, too, if you have a mind to go visit them, including whether you can drive to the site in a regular car or if you need a 4WD or even if you have to park and hike to the site.

I don't think these towns are necessarily haunted, but I definitely believe in the stories of people who have had troubles after removing items (even so much as a rock) from one of these towns. There are some that are even still occupied by people and still considered a ghost town, probably because the area is a ghost of it's former self.

Anyone else find them interesting?

I live in Arizona we have a few. Being a sensitive I stay away from them. I have delt with paranormal since I was 12. Only had one good spirit who saved me, the rest have been Negative. 35 yrs later still have encounters, not all the time but still do. I believe they are haunted with killings ect. Tombstone and bisbee out here are haunted I just refuse to go to them. Because yrs ago I got jumped not by a human a spirit.
I was looking threw my eyes but it was not me. The best way to explain it is like this. It was my eyes but it was not me controlling them. I felt like I was not in control of anything thought process, moving body parts. My brother I could hear him yelling at me but I couldn't respond. My breathing got heavier. Till I was finally able to yell inside my head get put of me! Don't remember much but what my brother told me and he was scared and he don't scare easily.
I know ppl who went to both them won't go back.
I made the mistake and went to old Tuscon were they made 3 amigos ect...
I wondered off behind the church and I asked the guy who worked there you see that lady? I described her to him he turned white.
I would love to go but I stay away. Not afraid of these places but I also don't want to be jumped or have an attachment.

That must've been a horrible experience.

It was I also felt sick took me couple days to get back to my normal self.
Why I don't jump on fact that ppl say something. With what I have experienced, nothing shocks me any more .