Ghost pulls object in to spirit world and returns it

Brian McNeill

Free Spirit
Reaction score
I was never a believer of the disappearing object phenomena you hear about because I have not experienced it myself. I have been researching the paranormal for over 10 years and am a believer in the spirit world with lots of experiences of my own but non like this.
Myself and one other paranormal investigator and a ghost enthusiast who got permission to enter a closed funeral home that had been in service for 90 years. The place is on the historic registry so it can not be torn down it was a beautiful mansion build in 1910. The place closed 10 years ago and was still maintained so it was not dilapidated they wanted to much for it is in the middle of town. We went in about 10 pm alone doors locked behind us. After researching for hours with recorders, night vision, full spectrum the usual stuff we had talked to a few ghosts had some evps. I seem to have miss placed my small hand held recorder. I back tracked where I had been in this huge mansion, the morgue where ever I had been. After about 30 minutes the others were ready to leave so I finally gave up and planed to leave the recorder behind. We gathered near the front door with our cases of equipment put away ready to leave. Suddenly I felt something on my head under my news boy type hat the flat kind from the 20s. I pulled my hat off and my recorder was in it! The other two people were looking at me when I pulled my hat off forward rapidly because I thought I was being touched and in fact was I was startled. My friends with their mouths wide open stared at me. Now this experience was so bazar I never told anyone about it except my wife. It is simply to strange no one will ever believe me. I never talked about it with the other two who witnessed it because for all they know I did it before I showed up at the door to leave. I had just been bent over packing equipment in to my case on the floor there was no furniture. So I put the recorder back under my hat and started trying to debunk it. I walked but almost had to hold my head up to balance it. Any movement tilting my head, turning to look to fast or bending to my case made my hat fall off and the recorder drop out. I could feel it under my hat big time I cant imagine going 30 minutes with it under there. I believe and this is a scary thought a spirit pulled the object in to the spirit world and put it back in our world just as we were about to leave the building. We were all gathered at the door talking about what we had experienced because we all split up I have better luck alone I have found. If the object was just being moved by a spirit in our world they would have seen it at the moment and my hat never moved until I felt it suddenly out of nowhere. There you have it my best experience ever and I don't expect you to believe me either but I do.

Welcome to the forum, Brian. I'm moving your experience to the personal experiences forum area. And you might be surprised that people just might believe you. It's a phenomena called apport. And it happens more than you might think.

Things like this happen all the time in my house to the point that it's now a running joke. Whenever anything goes missing we joke that the ghost just borrowed it and they'll return it eventually. Some of the time it's just us misplacing things but there have been times where items have disappeared when they are right next me only to find it in another room clear across the house. I have never been able to explain how it happens or why.
My question for you is, did you find any weird recordings on it when you reviewed your evidence?

I'd like the lawn gnomes to return my OZ DVDs that recently vanished. And my copy of Misery. And where the hell did Beetlejuice go?!?!

Reactions: Debi
Ohhh yes this is a real thing. I’ve had this happen through out my life. This is absolutly real and I totally believe you. Now how they do it is an unknown. I think the why in your story is to prove to you they were real , whoever or whatever they were. Something other worldly exists.

Welcome to the forum, Brian. I'm moving your experience to the personal experiences forum area. And you might be surprised that people just might believe you. It's a phenomena called apport. And it happens more than you might think.
Thank you for putting my post in the right area. I was a member here for many years. Life got in the way for a year and a half I guess so now I am back but not used to the site anymore much better now I see well done. I had changed emails lost my password could not get back in so I started a new membership.

Reactions: Debi
Thank you for putting my post in the right area. I was a member here for many years. Life got in the way for a year and a half I guess so now I am back but not used to the site anymore much better now I see well done. I had changed emails lost my password could not get back in so I started a new membership.
What was your screen name, Brian? Good to see you have returned.

Things like this happen all the time in my house to the point that it's now a running joke. Whenever anything goes missing we joke that the ghost just borrowed it and they'll return it eventually. Some of the time it's just us misplacing things but there have been times where items have disappeared when they are right next me only to find it in another room clear across the house. I have never been able to explain how it happens or why.
My question for you is, did you find any weird recordings on it when you reviewed your evidence?
That is a very good question. I have only analyzed the first hour or so. I don't remember if the recorder was still recording when it popped in under my hat I was to flabbergasted to notice. It should have been running the last time I saw it I was in the morgue alone I put the recorder down on a window sill and was walking around the room asking questions. I am going to run it ahead to the last hour tonight and listen. Wouldn't that be the bomb if we could hear them talking about blowing my mind on the spirit world side.

What was your screen name, Brian? Good to see you have returned.
If it was not my name I am using now then Free Spirit would be a good guess. My wife and I used to call our selves Free Spirit Paranormal we research alone quite a bit in big well known haunts we don't do investigations for others a few I guess but we don't advertise it. I cant remember the originator of this site a male I used to correspond with a lot if its the same guy he will know who I am. Thanks

If it was not my name I am using now then Free Spirit would be a good guess. My wife and I used to call our selves Free Spirit Paranormal we research alone quite a bit in big well known haunts we don't do investigations for others a few I guess but we don't advertise it. I cant remember the originator of this site a male I used to correspond with a lot if its the same guy he will know who I am. Thanks
That's our good friend Bob Bain. He is the forum founder and I bought it from him in 2015. He's still around as "Bob" if you want to reach him.