Ghost Legends

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The glass-enclosed funeral monument of Inez Clarke at Chicago’s Graceland Cemetery. 6-year-old Inez Clarke was killed by lightning while on a picnic with her family. Her parents, stunned by the tragic loss, commissioned a life-sized statue of their daughter to be placed over her grave. There are tales of the statue weeping as well as claims of Inez actually moving. It is said, during violent thunderstorms, Inez vanishes from her glass box and roams around the cemetery until the storm is over.

285013792_5070641999698646_6849111685208039713_n.jpg

Tragic way to lose a child. I don't know about statue moving around, but probably the child's spirit. Having been struck by that much electricity, wonder if that 'blows' your spirit away from your body? Thanks for that local legend :) I love hearing different ones from all over. Future sticky thread? :)

Tragic way to lose a child. I don't know about statue moving around, but probably the child's spirit. Having been struck by that much electricity, wonder if that 'blows' your spirit away from your body? Thanks for that local legend :) I love hearing different ones from all over. Future sticky thread? :)
I'll make it one but you all have to help me find these stories!

This is An interesting one. I hope her spirit is with God and not roaming around her grave. I wonder if any paranormal investigation has been done there ?