Ghost Hunting

Evidence is hard-won. It would take us six months to record enough evidence to fill the 42 minutes of a 1-hour show, and we are just about as well-equipped as any of them though radically understaffed in comparison. I don't know how some of those shows pull off a dozen or more episodes every season, each with something to show for the effort, although I do recall a few GH and GA shows where nothing was found, but only a handful over the years. Producing these shows for TV is a lot of work, I have to admit that most of them do a pretty good job. Having a good, dedicated cast is what usually makes the difference.
It really is entertainment, so take it as it's offered. If you look at every episode as a documentary, you'll probably be disappointed much of the time.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Evidence is hard-won. It would take us six months to record enough evidence to fill the 42 minutes of a 1-hour show, and we are just about as well-equipped as any of them though radically understaffed in comparison. I don't know how some of those shows pull off a dozen or more episodes every season, each with something to show for the effort, although I do recall a few GH and GA shows where nothing was found, but only a handful over the years. Producing these shows for TV is a lot of work, I have to admit that most of them do a pretty good job. Having a good, dedicated cast is what usually makes the difference.
It really is entertainment, so take it as it's offered. If you look at every episode as a documentary, you'll probably be disappointed much of the time.
Good points. I think most people feel investigating is an incident a minute when in actuality it's very brief moments of minute activity for the most part.

Too, you can return to a location that gave evidence during an investigation, only to find it completely quiet the next time.
This activity is as much being in the right place at the right time, as having good equipment, good methodology, and good people working with you.

It can take hours and hours of audio to capture just one EVP, for instance. Someone has to sit through all of that for review, it's not the most exciting aspect of investigating, but it is a nice exciting payoff when you do get a hit.

Reactions: Debi
With the Ghost Hunters reboot cancelled after only two seasons, and still no news about Ghost Nation returning, it looks like Ghost Adventures is the only show of that particular formula still airing new episodes.

It's too bad that Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson split apart. Divided, they fell. What made the original Ghost Hunters work was in large part due to their friendship/partnership.

I also miss Steve trying to get Tango to eat dead bugs and other weird things for twenty dollars. Which Tango would actually do, lol!

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I like the Holzer files. I trust Dave to be honest about the show. So this makes it credible to me.

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
I like the Holzer files. I trust Dave to be honest about the show. So this makes it credible to me.

Dave, Cindy, and Shane work well together. They have captured some amazing evidence.
How many cases did Holzer document?

Reactions: Lynne
I like those also. My sceond favorite is the one wih jack osborne and katrina weidman. Portal to Hell I think its called. I noticed that Ghost Brothers has a new series just starting called Ghost Brothers, When the Lights go out or something like that. BTW most all the shows are still being filmed its just they air first on discovery plus for a long time then head over to the regular travel channel.Ghost adventures newest was pretty good iMO as Zak let Aaron and the others do most of the hunting as he is sick with a respiratory infection he said. I cant wait for Skinwalker Ranch to come back with a new season as its my favorite too.

If the pandemic doesn't end soon, Jack will have made clip shows with EVERYONE.

I cant wait for Skinwalker Ranch to come back with a new season as its my favorite too.

Skinwalker Ranch is trendy these days.

We haven't been there, have spoken with people who have. Some experience absolutely nothing paranormal, others have claimed to have seen paranormal manifestations. But the place isn't buzzing with the paranormal 24/7 as some people think.

I have been to other native American sites that definitely have a palpable presence, every minute I'm standing there. Curious to see if I get the same feeling at Skinwalker one day.