Ghost Hunters v3.0

Ill see what i can find on it but it was one of the halloween live specials i believe... Grant was getting into game design and graphics before he left the show, back when they had the hotel together that they bought... wonder what ever happened to that venture?, i had pretty much quit watching by then, only catching what i thought may be of interest.
found it , it was the 2008 halloween special....if youtube "grants fake jacket tug" you will get a lot of videos on it, example:

Last edited:
Reactions: GoneWestUtah
Thanks Paul, I've found a few articles but none of them offer any definitive proof, also all video clips of the event have been removed. I'll have to see if we have that episode on DVD.

For every article I found saying the jacket event was faked, I find another saying "not so fast".

I am reserving my judgement for now until I can find evidence other than "he said, she said".

Well, shoot, I just don't see anything in that video to provide hard evidence either way, unfortunately. He genuinely could have felt something but it could have been a sock stuck in his jacket, wireless mic cord (yes they wear them), who knows?

I remain unconvinced of either a paranormal event or a conscious attempt at a hoax. I am not surprised that something like this apparently exploded online.

Reactions: Debi
Ghost Hunters always lacked the excitement and drama of some of the other shows, it just seems like their energy level is always close to rock-bottom.

For all the whipping that Jason did to Brian Harnois, Brian was the energy of the team, early-on.
Was he the skinny guy that was always off focus a bit and always getting in trouble for not doing something right ? He was a bit of a screw up but a likeable guy. It was the early days of TAPS. I be thinking of the wrong guy. They had a few over the years.

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
You're thinking of the right guy, Lynne. He made some mistakes but everybody does; most were harmless. I think he just rubbed Jay the wrong way. Too quirky.

Reactions: Lynne
Lynne, what were the details surrounding that incident? Was it on a known episode? Remember that I'm new to the paranormal media world, though I've watched the shows for ten years, I do not listen to podcasts or otherwise hunt paranormal news down online; at least until I retire in a few years. This forum is pretty much it, for me.
I tried to find something on it on YouTube but didn’t come across the clip. It was on an aired episode. Grant had his jacket tugged on twice and it was clearly visible. Later it was reported that a line of some sort was spotted and that they had faked the incident. This was like 10 years ago if I remember right. If I find something on it I will post it here. Maybe someone else here will remember too.

that was a live special and you could tell jason was having no part of that gimmick. i think that jason and scifi channel could never come to an agreement after that. gotta respect jason, he would not sell out. to bad grant was willing to. out of all the shows on, i respect jason more than any others, they have all been caught faking and letting the networks narrate the shows. sure his might not be as exciting or have the oohs and ahs, but it is the closest thing to being "real".

ghost nation didnt "die" they just got their original name back, im sure it was owned by scifi network for a term, i suspect either that time is now up or they worked it out through the courts or just bought it out right from them since grant couldnt make it work.
GW, if i remember correctly it was one of the halloween live shows Lynne is referring to ..maybe a year or two before the split
Thanks Paul! I didn’t read down before responding.

Reactions: Paulm
Look earlier in this thread Lynne, Paul found a clip and embedded it.

Reactions: Lynne
You're thinking of the right guy, Lynne. He made some mistakes but everybody does; most were harmless. I think he just rubbed Jay the wrong way. Too quirky.
I really liked him.