Ghost Hunters v3.0

GoneWestUtah

Currently Active on planet Earth
Reaction score
This surprised me. Sorry that Grant isn't part of it.

Reactions: Black Cloud
It strikes me as fundamentally unfair that Ghost Nation dies but Grant Wilson loses his job. I liked Richel Stratton on that team, as well.

I liked grant too. I remember when he left, (if I recall right), it was just after Grant was caught faking the now famous coat tug. No doubt they bent to productions need for action but it ruined their reputation. It’s hard to come back from that. These guys came off as so trustworthy and real, they let down their fans. To be honest I totally quit watching them. I have often wondered if this incident caused the rift between them.

Ghost Hunters always lacked the excitement and drama of some of the other shows, it just seems like their energy level is always close to rock-bottom.

For all the whipping that Jason did to Brian Harnois, Brian was the energy of the team, early-on.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I liked grant too. I remember when he left, (if I recall right), it was just after Grant was caught faking the now famous coat tug.

Lynne, what were the details surrounding that incident? Was it on a known episode? Remember that I'm new to the paranormal media world, though I've watched the shows for ten years, I do not listen to podcasts or otherwise hunt paranormal news down online; at least until I retire in a few years. This forum is pretty much it, for me.

Reactions: Paulm
I liked grant too. I remember when he left, (if I recall right), it was just after Grant was caught faking the now famous coat tug. No doubt they bent to productions need for action but it ruined their reputation. It’s hard to come back from that. These guys came off as so trustworthy and real, they let down their fans. To be honest I totally quit watching them. I have often wondered if this incident caused the rift between them.
that was a live special and you could tell jason was having no part of that gimmick. i think that jason and scifi channel could never come to an agreement after that. gotta respect jason, he would not sell out. to bad grant was willing to. out of all the shows on, i respect jason more than any others, they have all been caught faking and letting the networks narrate the shows. sure his might not be as exciting or have the oohs and ahs, but it is the closest thing to being "real".

It strikes me as fundamentally unfair that Ghost Nation dies but Grant Wilson loses his job. I liked Richel Stratton on that team, as well.
ghost nation didnt "die" they just got their original name back, im sure it was owned by scifi network for a term, i suspect either that time is now up or they worked it out through the courts or just bought it out right from them since grant couldnt make it work.
GW, if i remember correctly it was one of the halloween live shows Lynne is referring to ..maybe a year or two before the split

Thanks Paul, but can you narrow it down more than "live special"? I want to see this thing for myself.

Based on Lynne's post, I did find an old story of a claim in an interview by Donna Lacroix that the show was faked, but she has since walked all that back and it seems was just a disgruntled former employee.

My problem with both Grant and Jason is neither one has a good personality for TV. Both are lackluster, no charisma, one-dimensional on-camera. I usually get bored about halfway through their shows.
I never liked it when they did two investigations on a single episode. Those were the "nothing happening at all" episodes, in most cases, and just air time filler. Waste of a show IMO.

Grant was kind of a local hero, being a Mormon and attending a regional Mormon college. Looks like he's doing game design and production now.

Thanks Paul, but can you narrow it down more than "live special"? I want to see this thing for myself.

Based on Lynne's post, I did find an old story of a claim in an interview by Donna Lacroix that the show was faked, but she has since walked all that back and it seems was just a disgruntled former employee.

My problem with both Grant and Jason is neither one has a good personality for TV. Both are lackluster, no charisma, one-dimensional on-camera. I usually get bored about halfway through their shows.
I never liked it when they did two investigations on a single episode. Those were the "nothing happening at all" episodes, in most cases, and just air time filler. Waste of a show IMO.

Grant was kind of a local hero, being a Mormon and attending a regional Mormon college. Looks like he's doing game design and production now.
Ill see what i can find on it but it was one of the halloween live specials i believe... Grant was getting into game design and graphics before he left the show, back when they had the hotel together that they bought... wonder what ever happened to that venture?, i had pretty much quit watching by then, only catching what i thought may be of interest.