Ghost Hunters Returns in August

I happen to know there are a bunch of new shows coming out this fall about the paranormal. I've had casting directors contact us here from many channels. How likely are you to watch the new group of shows coming out? Do you think they help or hurt the paranormal community?

Reactions: garnetsilver
First of all, this is one of my all time favorite shows, so I am happy to hear that they are coming out with more. But having said that, I dislike that they only go to places and stir things up, then leave! Nothing is offered or suggested for the documented and undocumented hauntings.

I happen to know there are a bunch of new shows coming out this fall about the paranormal. I've had casting directors contact us here from many channels. How likely are you to watch the new group of shows coming out? Do you think they help or hurt the paranormal community?
going to be interesting to see Jason and his crew on the travel channel, and how that goes over with the others there.... and now you have grant on A&E.... Why the dual shows?... I think these shows do bring the paranormal into the mainstream, but they also really never prove anything so don't really help much. if anything they probably hurt more than anything else, especially when the networks force fake or staged responces just for the shock factor...leads to the belief that its all just for fun and harmless.

I can tell you I was contacted about no less than six NEW shows shooting for this year. A&E, Travel Channel, and Netflix all involved, so there is going to be a full menu of new shows to choose from.

I can tell you I was contacted about no less than six NEW shows shooting for this year. A&E, Travel Channel, and Netflix all involved, so there is going to be a full menu of new shows to choose from.
is that the occasional post we see asking if anyone wants to share their story or experience?.... have you yourself ever wanted your own show or to work as a consultant on one, or have you ever done that?

is that the occasional post we see asking if anyone wants to share their story or experience?.... have you yourself ever wanted your own show or to work as a consultant on one, or have you ever done that?
Those are the ones I allow. I won't allow them to post it unless I know who they are and that they are valid. I many times can't share with you who they are from, but if it's posted, I have validated the network request and have a producer's name.

No way do I ever want to do a show! NO!!!! I did work for a bit as a producer for a podcast. Got asked again recently and my NOOO came right back into use! :p I did do one interview in the past.

No way do I ever want to do a show! NO!!!! I did work for a bit as a producer for a podcast. Got asked again recently and my NOOO came right back into use! :p I did do one interview in the past.

cool on the interview... couldn't imagine working on a show though, think they would probably tick me off too much...lol

In addition to “Ghost Hunters,” remakes of “Psychic Kids” and “Celebrity Ghost Stories” have also been greenlit at A&E, along with one new original series, “Trey the Texas Medium,” and the new two-hour special “World’s Biggest Ghost Hunt.”

“A&E has been on the forefront of programming in the paranormal space and with that success, we have been eager to bring the genre back to the network for some time,” Elaine Frontain Bryant, head of programming for A&E Network, said in a statement. “Each of these series has a unique point of view, but will collectively give our audience a window into a world of spellbinding stories that have to be seen to be believed.”

The original “Psychic Kids” ran for three seasons on A&E between 2008 and 2010, chronicling the lives of children with “extraordinary abilities.” The eight-episode new series centers on those original kids, now successful young adults, as they work to empower a new generation of young psychics alongside trained licensed therapists.

'Ghost Hunters' Revival Among 5 Paranormal Shows Ordered at A&E

That's just on A&E. Netflix has a few coming as well.

Jason Hawes/TAPS
June 27 at 5:13 PM ·
In response to all those wondering about our old show coming back with a new team and why we aren’t a part of it. I was asked by Pilgrim to take the helm on the GH reboot, But after finding that they wanted to cast a new team, it just didn’t feel to be the right fit. Steve, Tango and I felt it best to stay with each other and explore other options together. This is why we took the next step and this is how #GhostNation was born.