Ghost Hunt of 2006. Thoughts?

Vibe-Feeler

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
In 2006 a friend and myself went on a ghost hunt at my home (which is a large rural plot) and when walking by this old structure we use as a store room, I got a very heavy feeling of a presence coming from there and took a photo. My friend took a photo almost right next to me and captured nothing. My photo on the other hand captured a shadow figure in the window of the building, a strange mist near the base of the tree and two distinct orbs.

I have shown this photo to a few people who do not believe in the paranormal at all, and for a moment were not so skeptical :grin:. So I have posted the photo (both original and marked versions), and I'mm curious to hear your thoughts on them. I do apologize for the quality, I had to save them off my Facebook account so the quality is not as good as the original (which is somewhere on my pc).

In the marked photo, the two white circles indicate the shadow figure and the mist, and the red circles indicate the orbs. There is no glass in the windows so there is no possibility of a reflection and the shadow does not correspond with any of the tree branches' shadows. There was also nothing hanging on the walls at the time of the photo. If you zoom into the image of the shadow, you can actually make out the cement lines of the bricks through the shadow figure. I am normally very quick to dismiss orbs as dust or insects caught in the camera flash, but when you look at these orbs, they have a thick perimeter line and rapidly become transparent closer towards their center. Normally when I see dust in a photo it's a solid shape, and these are too symmetrical to be insects.
ghost original.jpg
ghost marked.jpg

Vibe, we have a professional photographer who will be by later tonight. I'll have him take a look as well. Did you use a flash on these? (I know he's gonna ask me that...lol)

Welcome Vibe. Thanks for sharing the pic. It appears you cought sonething going on. I see the face on the tree clearly. I dont put much faith in the orbs because when a flash is used light can reflect off anything and give that effect. The window spector i first thought was a reflection but if the glass is out it couldn't be. You may have captured something

Reactions: Vibe-Feeler
OK, Vibe. Ran the pic by my photo guy. He says the orbs are dust. He felt the figure in the window was a reflection of the tree, but I neglected to tell him about no glass in the windows. The face in the tree is an unknown. Could be pareidolia, or could be something manifesting.

Photos are always a hard call to make. It doesn't mean there was NOT something happening there. I think if your instincts told you there was, then there was.

Reactions: Vibe-Feeler
He felt the figure in the window was a reflection of the tree

I also initially felt the figure was because of the tree, but upon a closer look the "head" of the figure does not extend all the way to the ceiling of the building, whereas the shadows cast by the tree all extend to the ceiling. Also the tree shadows are quite narrow whereas the figure is quite inconsistent with the rest of the tree shadows in both shape and contrast. But please inform your photo guy that there was no window and also what I explained now and see what he says. Given he's expertise I would really appreciate his input on the matter with the figure then :).

pareidolia

Can you please elaborate on what a pareidolia is? I'm very unfamiliar with that term

Can you please elaborate on what a pareidolia is? I'm very unfamiliar with that term
Pareidolia (/pærᵻˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a stimulus (an image or a sound) wherein the mind perceives a familiar pattern of something where none exists.

Common examples are perceived images of animals, faces, or objects in cloud formations, the man in the moon, the moon rabbit, and hidden messages within recorded music played in reverse or at higher- or lower-than-normal speeds.

Pareidolia: Seeing Faces in Unusual Places

There is much controversy over what is and what is NOT pareidolia. This term is often used for everything, and tends to negate the fact that some things are widely seen by all who look at the subject item. I believe some things are meant and sent as signs, or even some things are manifestations of the paranormal. There are things that do fall into the pareidolia category for sure, but I believe we have to have open minds to see the other possibilities.