ghost doesn’t like laughing??

Hi Daisy. I'm really sorry to hear these occurrences are scaring you and your daughter. I must be missing something, however.

Hi duke, thank you for your response. I feel the emotion that she wants me to not cry or laugh too loud bc something upstairs hears it & does not like it. I am usually a quiet person so maybe me laughing or crying is a lot louder & something up there doesn’t want to hear me. There isn’t a problem with her, but maybe it not liking me?

She has never been upset before when I laughed (before moving here). She used to get sad & cry if I ever cried, but yesterday was the first time she pointed upstairs when I cried.

She has watched those kids cartoon Halloween singing song videos around Halloween this year & one of her favorite place to go was the Halloween store Spirit this year. One of the YouTube video is “spooky skeleton spooky skeleton where are you”.

She always sleeps with me & does not like being alone & would absolutely not sleep by herself. I do have a baby monitor but I haven’t seen anything unusual. The things I have experienced have been here at this home. I have experienced things before when younger & at a family’s old home which I can write about later?

But she hasn’t been scared of anything really except for bugs or dogs. She thinks dogs are cute but scared when they run to her. She is always fine at the house but if we go upstairs she she says scary & holds my hand & will slowly approach & look around. She wasn’t like this at our old apartment & never said scary when she went in a room. I do know when she can speak more, she will express herself more & what she sees. But I don’t know what else is going on?

Oh & yes she doesn’t like dark sometimes. I always leave lights on though. She only ever points upstairs. Toward the railing upstairs where is a walkway or the open window in the wall from the upstairs bedroom that overlooks the living area. So when I laughed or almost cried she would get upset & point at that window. Then she would say spook scary and point at the railing area. It’s always at those two areas. It seems to me that she isn’t pointing at seeing something immediately, but as if to say no don’t laugh or cry bc upstairs something scary doesn’t like it... like it will come out if I continue to laugh/cry??

Oh & there are no cars that can pass by the windows or tree branches. It is a townhome in the back & all the window look out into walkways or other townhomes & there aren’t much trees around the home.

I always have the blinds closed at night too. But she isn’t scared downstairs except some areas where if it is dark at times, but she always only points upstairs.

Sorry I keep posting duke after I re read your message but yes, one time she woke up from sleep & pointed at the window upstairs & said “scary” & was upset. Also one day she was laying on the couch & pointed upstairs at that window & said “scary off, scary off”. I have videos too recording her saying & showing her doing this.

Ok, we know why she associates skeletons with something scary, but not sure why she ties that to whatever she's afraid of. Your recent posts have eliminated some variables, so that's good. You've also defined a couple general locations she relates to the "scary." To me that's all progress.

Other than being unsettled by your daughter's reactions, what have you yourself experienced in the house? See, hear, smell, or physically feel anything that you can't explain? How about nonphysically feel/sense anything, has anything other than your daughter being upset given you the creeps?

One thing you said could prove to be effective with your daughter. She has asked you to make the scary go away, so she must believe you have that ability. Have you tried it? If not, with her in tow, forcefully tell the "spooky scary skeleton" to go away and leave your daughter alone. Really sell it, but in language she can relate to ("you're being a bad scary....go away leave my pretty little girl alone"). Might solve the problem is she believes you can and have made it go away. The added benefit of this approach is many of those who advise on getting rid of unwanted spirits usually recommend assertively telling the ghost to leave as a first step.

Well, I think the ghost looks like a skeleton?. She sees skeletons on youtube videos or Coco the movie & isn’t scared. She always describes what she sees lately, so if she sees a dog she says “look dog” or “look cat”. I also think it may look like a skeleton, bc when I use to go back and forth staying here & at family’s home, I had a disturbing dream. This place is old & hasn’t been lived in a while. It had mold in lot of places, rust, dirt, etc & I spent a lot of time cleaning it. I had a dream one night of a very skinny man that was all oily, grimy, just gross in my dream coming towards me.. I just feel like immediately when she said that, that she was describing what it looked like. Also bc she has never said skeleton & scary & spook in the same sentence before.

I use to live here when I was a young teenager. When I moved back in, I felt very uneasy with the upstairs bedroom. I remember when I use to nap sometimes in the bed up there (when I was young), I couldn’t wake up & felt like something was sitting on top of me. But now, I always feel uneasy until I turn on all the lights up there. But we’ve only gone up there a handful of times, otherwise we don’t at all.

I have heard a child giggling before when I walked in the kitchen from the garage & at first thought it was my daughter, but realized it wasn’t. I thought it was just my imagination. I heard footsteps on the roof running that woke me up, but I later told myself it was probably just a cat or a raccoon. I hear those occasionally now that I can tell sounds like an animal, but that one night, it sounded too much like a child’s footstep. I use to close that upstairs windows blinds & I have a bit of ocd & would make sure they were completely shut & all facing down. Three different times I noticed a blind would be open & facing a different direction. At first I freaked & thought someone was hiding in my home (bc there is a small attic) & checked everywhere. Then later wasps had gotten in that upstairs room & I told myself they must’ve wiggled there way through the blinds & opened some.

I remember upstairs feeling a breeze when I was standing by the bed & there are no windows or doors open. No fan, no air conditioner on. It was just a swoosh of air next to me.

But the one thing i couldn’t explain was the cabinet in my bathroom (downstairs). I walked in & heard the clear sound of the cabinet door open/close which is behind the entry bathroom door. It always makes a repetitive thud when you shut it. But all the cabinets were shut & not left open. I messed with them to convince myself of some possible alternative reason but I couldn’t come up with anything.

I will try to talk to it but worry I may provoke it to want to do something? I feel as if me ignoring it & pretending I don’t notice it has prevented anything further, but I don’t know. I also burn sage every couple of weeks to help ward negative spirits. But thank you for the helpful advice! I’m not sure where to go from here but want to move too bc I feel my health has significantly deteriorated since I have been here. Thankfully my daughter is still happy & healthy, but when these rare instances happen it certainly scares me..

Reactions: ozentity
Well, I think the ghost looks like a skeleton?. She sees skeletons on youtube videos or Coco the movie & isn’t scared. She always describes what she sees lately, so if she sees a dog she says “look dog” or “look cat”. I also think it may look like a skeleton, bc when I use to go back and forth staying here & at family’s home, I had a disturbing dream. This place is old & hasn’t been lived in a while. It had mold in lot of places, rust, dirt, etc & I spent a lot of time cleaning it. I had a dream one night of a very skinny man that was all oily, grimy, just gross in my dream coming towards me.. I just feel like immediately when she said that, that she was describing what it looked like. Also bc she has never said skeleton & scary & spook in the same sentence before.

I use to live here when I was a young teenager. When I moved back in, I felt very uneasy with the upstairs bedroom. I remember when I use to nap sometimes in the bed up there (when I was young), I couldn’t wake up & felt like something was sitting on top of me. But now, I always feel uneasy until I turn on all the lights up there. But we’ve only gone up there a handful of times, otherwise we don’t at all.

I have heard a child giggling before when I walked in the kitchen from the garage & at first thought it was my daughter, but realized it wasn’t. I thought it was just my imagination. I heard footsteps on the roof running that woke me up, but I later told myself it was probably just a cat or a raccoon. I hear those occasionally now that I can tell sounds like an animal, but that one night, it sounded too much like a child’s footstep. I use to close that upstairs windows blinds & I have a bit of ocd & would make sure they were completely shut & all facing down. Three different times I noticed a blind would be open & facing a different direction. At first I freaked & thought someone was hiding in my home (bc there is a small attic) & checked everywhere. Then later wasps had gotten in that upstairs room & I told myself they must’ve wiggled there way through the blinds & opened some.

I remember upstairs feeling a breeze when I was standing by the bed & there are no windows or doors open. No fan, no air conditioner on. It was just a swoosh of air next to me.

But the one thing i couldn’t explain was the cabinet in my bathroom (downstairs). I walked in & heard the clear sound of the cabinet door open/close which is behind the entry bathroom door. It always makes a repetitive thud when you shut it. But all the cabinets were shut & not left open. I messed with them to convince myself of some possible alternative reason but I couldn’t come up with anything.

I will try to talk to it but worry I may provoke it to want to do something? I feel as if me ignoring it & pretending I don’t notice it has prevented anything further, but I don’t know. I also burn sage every couple of weeks to help ward negative spirits. But thank you for the helpful advice! I’m not sure where to go from here but want to move too bc I feel my health has significantly deteriorated since I have been here. Thankfully my daughter is still happy & healthy, but when these rare instances happen it certainly scares me..

There are others here far better versed in dealing with ghosts/spirits/entities than I, your last post should give them more to consider as to how to proceed. I feel confident they will advise you to tell whatever might be there to leave, but if you are concerned about possibly provocation you might want to wait to see what other members here like Debi have to say.

There are others here far better versed in dealing with ghosts/spirits/entities than I, your last post should give them more to consider as to how to proceed. I feel confident they will advise you to tell whatever might be there to leave, but if you are concerned about possibly provocation you might want to wait to see what other members here like Debi have to say.

Okay thank you! I appreciate your answers & advice for me too though, thank you :)

Hi Daisy thanks for the update. So sorry you still have activity going on. I’m assuming moving isn’t an option right now ? Some places are just not good to live in if the make you uncomfortable. You are right not to interact any more than is necessary however claiming your space if it’s scaring you may be necessary. Don’t have conversations or try to communicate with it but I’d tell talk to the air and tell it to get out. You may need help with this because you have a small child, contacting Debi on our personal message thread may be a good idea.

I have a few suggestions on this one. As the child is only 4, I think it's very important you rule out any environmental issues. First, mold test that room! Second, get someone with an EMF meter to read if there happens to be an increased source of EMF in the walls,floor or ceiling of that room. As an older home, I've seen poor wiring causing high EMF coming from really unlikely sources, which, like mold, can cause visions, hallucinations of the audio and vision types, and disturb dreams and sleep. This can be extremely terrifying but something that can be addressed to stop the harm factor.

Second, try a humidifier in that area. New research has shown that a slightly higher humidity level dampens the energy thought used by entities and in some cases has completely stopped activity.

Third, if none of the above works, bring in an investigative team that works with clergy. I specify the clergy because those teams normally want to resolve a situation and not just gather "proof". CHECK THEIR PAST CLIENTS AND GET FEEDBACK. Can't push that enough, as you want a team that truly knows what they are doing and is on the same page as you are. Too many teams these days are start ups and in it for the thrill of the hunt rather than solving an issue for you. At the very least, have a priest or clergy come in to do a blessing of the house and of you who live in it.

Fourth, keep in mind that you have a 4 year old. Sometimes they just get scared of something and then that fear expands to become ghosts and other things. I'm not saying she's not seeing the real deal here, but you might "arm" her with a spray bottle of Monster or Ghost Away Spray. You can get this online easy enough, but you can also make it simply by using water and some lavender scent. Any scent will do. I've had people use sage scented as well. It does two things...puts the child in charge of something (kind of a place of power) and also helps them relax a bit. It won't stir anything up normally if there is something there, but in case she's just in ultra fear mode this may help her.

If I can be of more help, let me know, and keep us posted on how things progress.