ghost doesn’t like laughing??

daisy6

Reaction score
My first post, hope this is the right place to post. So, I moved to an old townhome where strange things happened, but I ignored it. Since then nothing has happened, but every time I laugh my four year old daughter freaks out & wants me to stop & will start crying. I thought it was just a phase until recently she will freak out, look upstairs, point at the upstairs bedroom we don’t use, & say “Scary” & will start crying. If I fake laugh she will say “Shhh” and looks upstairs. But if I truly laugh she loses it. Any ideas?? Thank you!

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity
My first post, hope this is the right place to post. So, I moved to an old townhome where strange things happened, but I ignored it. Since then nothing has happened, but every time I laugh my four year old daughter freaks out & wants me to stop & will start crying. I thought it was just a phase until recently she will freak out, look upstairs, point at the upstairs bedroom we don’t use, & say “Scary” & will start crying. If I fake laugh she will say “Shhh” and looks upstairs. But if I truly laugh she loses it. Any ideas?? Thank you!
Welcome Daisy, to the ParaNormal Forum (PNF). Yep, you posted in the right thread. Funny how most of us lose the sensitivity as we get older. As more folks read your post, you will get some questions and opinions. In the meantime, there are many, many posts to help you get acquainted with PNF.

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity
Welcome to the forum Daisy. Kids do seem to see things we don’t. Have you tried asking her about what she is seeing? Your gut instincts are probably correct. She shouldn’t be afraid in her home. You may have to take some action to clear your place. Here are some suggestions :
PNF Suggestions for Paranormal Activity Problems
Keep us posted on your situation.

If I fake laugh she will say “Shhh” and looks upstairs. But if I truly laugh she loses it. Any ideas?? Thank you!
I think it does sound like something negative,it doesn't like you and your family to be happy.Don't let it have the upper hand.I'd go upstairs when your daughter senses something , make a point of laughing while up there to reassure her.It sounds a cowardly entity scaring a little soul so won't have much power/energy.Tell it to vacate the premises in no uncertain terms.Welcome to the forum daisy.

I'm not sure I'm following this. Is human laughter/happiness upsetting an entity that, in turns, takes it out on the little girl by scaring her? Or does the entity scare the little girl by it's laughter and, as a result, any laughter now upsets the child?

Reactions: Paulm
Or does the entity scare the little girl by it's laughter and, as a result, any laughter now upsets the child?

I wondered this also.....or the third option, is the mothers laugh actually scary?...hope she doesn't take offence to this question but to diminish all normal possibilities before assuming outright paranormal goings on we would have to ask this first...lol...a laugh can have many tones, sounds etc......heck even investigators that supposedly catch a laugh don't fret too much, but they hear a cackle and get scared..lol, ...what are some of the other occurrences not involving the child ?..... A little more info or descriptions may be helpful in finding an answer.

Reactions: Debi and Duke
I took it as the entity not liking the laughter and taking it out on the child's psyche.but I could be wrong.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Hi guys! Thank you for responding. It feels a bit of a relief to have someone believe me. Although I didn’t realize I had responses & have to read the forum in daylight to not scare myself. :) It’s a long story about this place which I could tell later. I mean about the things that have happened here.

We have been staying here for about 3 months now & although strange things happened, nothing bad or evil has happened to us. My daughter is almost 4 & she never had a problem with me laughing before. We can have laughs & giggles together, but if I see something funny on tv or the phone & laugh, she doesn’t like it. She can laugh & giggle with no problem & is still a very happy child here since we moved. She runs around & plays & is happy with no change in that. But a couple weeks ago she would wake up in the morning & stare upstairs & say “scary, off” which is off means go away. Then later the post I wrote about with me laughing & her getting scared & pointing upstairs.

I came back to the forum to post bc last night it happened again. Only this time she accidentally hit my foreaem bone with her foot & as I lay there saying ow & almost crying, she started freaking out again. She said I’m sorry & she started pointing up again. She said scary & I tried to reassure her I was okay & I said “spidet scary?” Which means spider bc she saw a dead wasp up there once & called it spidet & ran away & was a bit scared as she hates big bigs or flies. But she shook her head & said “skelton scary spook”. She is behind in her speech but I knew she meant skeleton scary spooky. This time I felt really creeped out & unsettled & had to sleep with the lights on imagining a very thin spooky looking ghost.

But now I know it’s my emotion of laughter or crying making her scared?? I’m not sure what to make of it all & get unsettled at night. Nothing has happened so far to make me thing it’s a bad spirit, but i definitely don’t like being here anymore..

I feel like when I open the front door, & turn on all the lights, I feel better? Safer. Anyhow sorry it was so long. I could explain the weird things that happened before, but lately it’s been fine. Thank you for reading. :))

Hi guys! Thank you for responding. It feels a bit of a relief to have someone believe me. Although I didn’t realize I had responses & have to read the forum in daylight to not scare myself. :) It’s a long story about this place which I could tell later. I mean about the things that have happened here.

We have been staying here for about 3 months now & although strange things happened, nothing bad or evil has happened to us. My daughter is almost 4 & she never had a problem with me laughing before. We can have laughs & giggles together, but if I see something funny on tv or the phone & laugh, she doesn’t like it. She can laugh & giggle with no problem & is still a very happy child here since we moved. She runs around & plays & is happy with no change in that. But a couple weeks ago she would wake up in the morning & stare upstairs & say “scary, off” which is off means go away. Then later the post I wrote about with me laughing & her getting scared & pointing upstairs.

I came back to the forum to post bc last night it happened again. Only this time she accidentally hit my foreaem bone with her foot & as I lay there saying ow & almost crying, she started freaking out again. She said I’m sorry & she started pointing up again. She said scary & I tried to reassure her I was okay & I said “spidet scary?” Which means spider bc she saw a dead wasp up there once & called it spidet & ran away & was a bit scared as she hates big bigs or flies. But she shook her head & said “skelton scary spook”. She is behind in her speech but I knew she meant skeleton scary spooky. This time I felt really creeped out & unsettled & had to sleep with the lights on imagining a very thin spooky looking ghost.

But now I know it’s my emotion of laughter or crying making her scared?? I’m not sure what to make of it all & get unsettled at night. Nothing has happened so far to make me thing it’s a bad spirit, but i definitely don’t like being here anymore..

I feel like when I open the front door, & turn on all the lights, I feel better? Safer. Anyhow sorry it was so long. I could explain the weird things that happened before, but lately it’s been fine. Thank you for reading. :))

Hi Daisy. I'm really sorry to hear these occurrences are scaring you and your daughter. I must be missing something, however. I still don't understand the tie in between you laughing (and now almost crying, apparently) and your daughter reacting in fear. Any idea what is triggering her response? Do you think it's your laughter reminding her of the scary thing upstairs laughing or is the thing reacting negatively to your laughter/emotions and scaring her as a result? Has she ever expressed her fears independently of witnessing your emotions? If not, that's an interesting cause and effect situation.

I'm also curious why your four year old knows about a "scary skeleton spook?" Did she see a scary skeleton in a book or video recently? How about during Halloween? Any skeleton decorations or costumes? Is there anything in the house (painting, photo, wall hanging, etc.) depicting a skeleton, or something she could construe as such? Something planted that seed in her mind, that a skeleton is spooky and scary. Any idea what?

Do you have a baby monitor in her room? If so, have you ever heard/seen anything you didn't understand/can't explain? Is there a nightlight in that room? Has she ever expressed fear of the dark? Do you know exactly where she sees the scary skeleton? Has she mentioned any sounds or smells associated with what she see?

This could be something as simple as shadows cast against a wall under certain conditions.....passing car lights, winds moving tree branches, etc. Such things can quickly evolve into something far more sinister in a child's imagination. I think there are far too many prosaic explanations for what's going on to jump to paranormal conclusions and unsettling yourself. Were I in your place, I would seek to eliminate the explainable until something supernatural was a probability of exclusion.