Ghost cat has moved.

Rowan2222

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
You may remember a while ago that when we moved in we were gifted a sofa and a lounge chair. The chair came with the spirit of an old lady sitting in it - and her cat.
Our own cat would not go near that chair to begin with, but was very interested beside it and was constantly looking down the right side of it.
He would play with ghost cat, leave food infront of the chair or toys. He became very agitated if anyone tried to put him down on that chair seat to the point of climbing over the person holding him rather than set one foot on that chair.

But every morning while making tea and about to feed him, he would open the washing machine door and look inside. This has been a routine for at least 8 years - until 2 weeks ago.
2 weeks ago he started complaining to open the cupboard next to the washing machine. This he has never done. It is full of long term food storage and mugs mostly.
He has now completely ignored the washing machine and wants that cupboard door open - all the time. If it is closed for a minute he is back complaining that he wants it open. He doesn't go in the cupboard (he has maybe been in there twice) but as soon as the door is opened he looks above his head and looks around - as if something had just shot out over his head.

I am convinced that ghost cat has moved from the washing machine into the side cupboard, but the question is - why?

great story Rowan.Maybe the old person has moved from the chair?Or has moved on.Last night speaking of ghost cats I was sitting on my bed reading getting ready to go to sleep when I felt my cat walking around me behind me. Anyone that has a pet knows that feeling of movement and it felt like the area around me was going down just like my cat was walking around me. I looked around. Nothing there!!! I thought it was my imagination which it may have been and continued reading a little more and the same thing happened. I went to bed thinking about it when I realized that earlier I had looked at my favorite cat Max picture who passed in 2013 and asked him to visit me if he could. I have felt that before but not so defined as last night. Its good to know he is still with me and will be ready to go over with me when I buy the farm.

This is recent . Ghost cat caught on video. Very good and defined catch IMO.

You may remember a while ago that when we moved in we were gifted a sofa and a lounge chair. The chair came with the spirit of an old lady sitting in it - and her cat.
Our own cat would not go near that chair to begin with, but was very interested beside it and was constantly looking down the right side of it.
He would play with ghost cat, leave food infront of the chair or toys. He became very agitated if anyone tried to put him down on that chair seat to the point of climbing over the person holding him rather than set one foot on that chair.

But every morning while making tea and about to feed him, he would open the washing machine door and look inside. This has been a routine for at least 8 years - until 2 weeks ago.
2 weeks ago he started complaining to open the cupboard next to the washing machine. This he has never done. It is full of long term food storage and mugs mostly.
He has now completely ignored the washing machine and wants that cupboard door open - all the time. If it is closed for a minute he is back complaining that he wants it open. He doesn't go in the cupboard (he has maybe been in there twice) but as soon as the door is opened he looks above his head and looks around - as if something had just shot out over his head.

I am convinced that ghost cat has moved from the washing machine into the side cupboard, but the question is - why?
Ask your cat and see if you get a mental answer. I think they talk to us at times but we don’t listen. Just go with what first comes to your mind.

great story Rowan.Maybe the old person has moved from the chair?Or has moved on.Last night speaking of ghost cats I was sitting on my bed reading getting ready to go to sleep when I felt my cat walking around me behind me. Anyone that has a pet knows that feeling of movement and it felt like the area around me was going down just like my cat was walking around me. I looked around. Nothing there!!! I thought it was my imagination which it may have been and continued reading a little more and the same thing happened. I went to bed thinking about it when I realized that earlier I had looked at my favorite cat Max picture who passed in 2013 and asked him to visit me if he could. I have felt that before but not so defined as last night. Its good to know he is still with me and will be ready to go over with me when I buy the farm.
That sounds like what I experience with my cat Avalon. She still walks on the bed, and sometimes will sit on my pillow and knead it very gently. I find it soothing.

I'm not so convinced about the video.
I have a background in security and have worked with and installed infra red cameras and lighting on my house. The better cameras have a filter that mechanically slides infront of the lens when the light level increases. Many cameras also have IR LEDS to illuminate the area that are switched on and off depending on the light levels.

In this case the room was in darkness, the camera was using infra red to illuminate the room and it was receiving this reflection as an image.
When the lady enters the room and turns on the visible light, the camera senses this, turns off the IR illumination and installs the filter. It now can no longer see infra red and the image is illuminated in the visible light spectrum.

What you may not know is that different materials reflect different light frequencies, irrespective of what they look like in visible light. I have ex-military vehicles that are painted in IRR paint - which is infra red reflective. When viewed in normal daylight they are mostly green, but in infra red they are a bright gray. This is because tree leaves also look bright grey in infra red, and so it still blends in. Vehicles painted in normal paints will look black - which is not natural.

In this case of the cat, the furnishings are probably polyester, which even if they are red they look a dull grey on the image. But I think the cat is also a fake cat - also made of black polyester. But in Infra Red, they will look the same colour because they are made of the same material.

I don't believe the womans statement that she doesn't have one - as it makes a better story. It also doesn't move when she turned the light on, which if you have a cat is most un-cat like.

Watch a few videos of images using infra red and you will see what I mean by colours looking completely different to daylight. If you look out the window of that clip you can see a garden - which is bright grey in IR, but almost black in visible light.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne