Ghost Cat Caught on Video?

She didn't look too concerned when she walked in! BTW, I often see cat spirits out of the corner of my eye, but not obvious like this looked.

I think it is because soft furnishings of the same material reflect the same quantity of infrared, so the black cat is actually a fake/stuffed animal made of the same material as the sofa.
Security cameras see infrared in different ways. Some have a glass filter that removes it and this gives more accurate colour balance, cheap PC cameras often don't and can see infra red, but may turn LED's off when it is light, and more expensive models actually have a moving shutter with the filter on it that will flick in and out depending on light levels. Typically these will switch between pure black and white images and full colour at a set threshold.
I've played with all of them, and removed the IR filter on the Sony models to convert normal cameras to see in the dark. Surprisingly some early sony camcorders had the same night vision capabilities as some military kit.

Infrared light produces strange effects. Grass and foliage appears white, while people are seen as shadows against it. I found it interesting that some cheap wallmart camo trousers were effective under infrared as well, but others weren't. They must have had a suppler of genuine military material !

I think it is because soft furnishings of the same material reflect the same quantity of infrared, so the black cat is actually a fake/stuffed animal made of the same material as the sofa.
Security cameras see infrared in different ways. Some have a glass filter that removes it and this gives more accurate colour balance, cheap PC cameras often don't and can see infra red, but may turn LED's off when it is light, and more expensive models actually have a moving shutter with the filter on it that will flick in and out depending on light levels. Typically these will switch between pure black and white images and full colour at a set threshold.
I've played with all of them, and removed the IR filter on the Sony models to convert normal cameras to see in the dark. Surprisingly some early sony camcorders had the same night vision capabilities as some military kit.

Infrared light produces strange effects. Grass and foliage appears white, while people are seen as shadows against it. I found it interesting that some cheap wallmart camo trousers were effective under infrared as well, but others weren't. They must have had a suppler of genuine military material !
So, you're saying it's definitely fake?

I'm saying the black cat is made of the same material as the cushions. :)

....and the camera switched between colour mode and infra-red when the lights came on.