Ghost by baby's cot?

I was curious why all the camera gear filming everyone sleeping in the first place... It is odd. If this is something "paranormal" then they should back the camera away to widen the field of view for future encounters. If it is paranormal, or... a cat, then it will be back to be in a subsequent video.

Reactions: Lynne
I was curious why all the camera gear filming everyone sleeping in the first place... It is odd. If this is something "paranormal" then they should back the camera away to widen the field of view for future encounters. If it is paranormal, or... a cat, then it will be back to be in a subsequent video.
"All that camera gear" is probably a relatively inexpensive, fixed baby monitor system. My daughter had a very similar setup in my granddaughter's room when she was a baby; one camera showing the whole room, a second camera focused on the baby bed. The live video feeds could be seen split screen on a small, handheld monitor up to at least 100 yards away. With the insertion of an SD card, she could record the feeds.

Reactions: Selectric
It's another cases of Yanks and Brits being separated by a common language. What we call a baby bed (with high sides to keep a kid from falling out) in the US is called a cot in the UK. What we call a cot, they call a camp bed.

I worked three different programs with the Brits over about a 15 year period, so I came to understand most of their terminology. The differences used to drive our contracting officers up a wall.
This reminds me of a funny story. One summer, I worked in the merchandise office at a local amusement park. That summer, we were participating in an international student exchange, so we had a whole slew of students from the UK working for us. As often happens, park patrons would often return items of merchandise, asking for a refund. A student from the UK had brought in a bathing suit from a patron, and explained that it was being returned because the colors had run together. As you know, we Americans might describe that occurrence as the colors "bleeding." I asked the student to wait for the office manager to return and approve the refund. A few minutes later, the office manager came breezing into the office and cheerfully demanded to see the "bleeding" bathing suit. The expression on that student's face was priceless!