Ghost Bowling?

Oz, I often what is that when a man has a sport or a club that he has an emotional attachment to, you get a ghost.

One day I had a crew out very early in the morning doing a wallpaper installation at a country club ballroom and other areas. It was just us and the cleaning ladies ( they were a hoot but that's another story).
One morning the big piano in the reception area started to play. The painters and me were pretty freaked out but not the family of cleaning ladies. The upshot is it just happens once in awhile. Never got the story about who it may be and believe me I asked lots of people.

By American standards this is a very old country club, founded in 1919, way in the sticks south of the steel mills of Gary, Indiana. Story #2. This one isn't a ghost story but an homage to a young man that used to live there. But on the same job I believed I was placating some ghosts.

There was an apartment built into the clubhouse at the Country Club. It was for the teaching PGA pro. There was some time in the sixties when the local Pro had a son that got a golf scholarship from Western Michigan University. He was driving back home one day and was killed on the railroad tracks less than a mile away from home.
Part of our job was to take down the paneling in the apartment and drywall over the original plaster and finish it. Well, when we took off the paneling I found a child's drawing carefully taped to the wall. It was signed "Stymie". Stymie was the young man that died.
So at some point there was another group of 1970's contractors that came in and paneled over that young man's childhood drawing and thought it good to leave it up there in place.
Now it was my turn. We left it in place and drywalled over it. I told my Dad about it and he told his friends, and over the years they talked about Stymie and what a promising future tour Pro he could have been, and what a good man he was.
I thought all those old stories died off with Dad and his running buddies. But I read a article written by a guy that was friends with Stymie, and I'm going to give him call.

The guy writes for the local golf newspaper that you get for free at the grocery store. When I read that this guy wrote a book and if you want to get a autographed copy use the code word 'Stymie' for 10% off.

No man I wanted to ring the bell. I was always curious about your story. You are a man that knows how wet your sneakers can be at noon..

Reactions: ozentity and Lynne