Ghost Bowling?

Reminds me of a story I read maybe 40 years ago about a haunted pinball machine. It was either in a pool hall or bowling alley, and it would play on its own.

Following Duke reminds me of a story of lawn bowls. An old boxer used to come up every morning early to practice bowls on the greens I worked on. One morning at about 7am he seemed a bit vague and didn't talk as usual but just smiled at me. I left him to it even though as usual he was getting in the way of my greens preparation. I looked back and he had disappeared. When the boss came in he informed me to put the flag at half mast as old Jimmy the boxer had died last night.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Following Duke reminds me of a story of lawn bowls. An old boxer used to come up every morning early to practice bowls on the greens I worked on. One morning at about 7am he seemed a bit vague and didn't talk as usual but just smiled at me. I left him to it even though as usual he was getting in the way of my greens preparation. I looked back and he had disappeared. When the boss came in he informed me to put the flag at half mast as old Jimmy the boxer had died last night.
Good story

Reactions: ozentity
This sort of thing makes me doubt the theory that all our spirits ascend to the perfect place after death. Is it the spirit remaining or just a moment caught in time replayed over and over or maybe these people were not quite ready to leave. I know old Jimmy died in his sleep,maybe he asked for just one more roll up on the green. I only saw him the one time.

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
This sort of thing makes me doubt the theory that all our spirits ascend to the perfect place after death. Is it the spirit remaining or just a moment caught in time replayed over and over or maybe these people were not quite ready to leave. I know old Jimmy died in his sleep,maybe he asked for just one more roll up on the green. I only saw him the one time.
I think there can be both. I like this story better...

That’s an incredible event!! Wow he must have looked normal or you’d have noticed. . Was this a type of outside bowling? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that.

Reactions: ozentity
That’s an incredible event!! Wow he must have looked normal or you’d have noticed. . Was this a type of outside bowling? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that.
I did an apprenticeship starting at 15 looking after bowling greens, most towns and suburbs here have bowling clubs.It's a big thing here and the UK but with different cultures here now it's losing popularity. The greens have to be dead level and require a lot more work than golf greens.

Reactions: Paintman
That’s an incredible event!! Wow he must have looked normal or you’d have noticed.
I'd almost forgotten about that time, I was 16.When the boss told me the old bloke had died I argued with him for about an hour saying I'd seen him that morning.

Reactions: Paintman