Ghost bomber reported

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Bomber.jpg

A mock up of what was reported

People across different parts of Derbyshire have come forward to say they saw a 'ghost plane' flying across the skies on Monday evening.

Various reports have described the plane as looking like a Second World war bomber.

But some people said it made no noise at all, while others said it disappeared towards the ground without crashing.

The mysterious shape was was seen at around 6.45pm on Monday, March 26, reports the Derby Telegraph.

Mark O'Brien believes he saw a quiet, low-flying plane fly above him after picking his daughter up from her swimming lesson in Ripley.

He said: “It was so low, it must have been only been around two or three houses high. I thought it was going to crash at one point but it was large and very quiet.

“I remember it flying above me and my heart stopping for a second. It looked like an old World War Two plane but it was dark so I couldn't make it out.

“I panicked because I thought it was coming down on the houses near Ashford Rise, which is near my house. There was no noise or smoke. It just flew off and disappeared between some nearby trees.

“I came into work and told my colleagues about what had happened, thinking they would expect me to be crazy. But one of them said they had saw the plane as well fly around Heage. It’s so weird really but I know quite a lot of people have seen them before”.

Lyndsey Taylor, of Barnsley, claims to have seen two ghost planes at the same time as Mr O'Brien, only this time near the village of Hope, in the Derbyshire Peak District.

She said: "The whole thing was really weird, we were driving towards Bamcroft when the radio suddenly lost all signal and the sky just went really dark.

"All of a sudden this huge old aeroplane flew straight over our heads, completely silent and was heading for the ground.

"My partner and daughter both saw the same thing. We thought it was going to crash, but then it just disappeared.

"Seconds later we saw what looked like the same aircraft, this time to our left, and it banked over on its side and looked as though it was going to crash before disappearing.

"There is no way a real plane could have had the speed or the height to pull out of it, but we heard no crash at all.

"The plane looked really old with propellers and was green. The whole thing lasted a couple of seconds and before we knew it, it was all over and it had got brighter again.

"I don't know if there is such a thing as a ghost plane, but I can't think what else it can be."

Some witnesses have said they heard noises from the plane, and some are said it was silent.

Pauline Pearch said she saw the aircraft while out in Hilton on Monday. She said: "I saw the plane at about 3.30pm. It was like a bomber plane.

"My first thoughts were 'Crickey, what's that doing in Hilton?'. It looked green from a distance."

There have been regular reports of ghost planes in Derbyshire, with some people identifying the plane as a Douglas Dakota - once flown by the RAF.

A report from the 1990s indicates that a Dakota did crash in the area some 70 years ago.

Peak District online says there have been at least 50 plane crashes in the area of the 'Dark Peak' - dubbed the UK's Bermuda Triangle.

Many of the crashes remain unexplained and an investigation into magnetic anomalies found that naturally occurring magnetic rocks in the Dark Peak can cause local 'deflections' of compass direction.

However, this occurs in many other areas so the theory has been largely ruled out as a cause for major air crashes.

People are convinced they saw a 'ghost bomber' flying across the skies

These stories are always mind bending. Such a mystery. Time slips ? Anyone have a guess ?