Ghost and the MLB player!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
A major league baseball player visiting Milwaukee for a series against the Brewers seemingly had his performance suffer after encountering a ghost at a notoriously haunted hotel. Carlos Martinez of the St. Louis Cardinals was staying at the infamous Pfister Hotel when the spooky sighting occurred. In a post to his Instagram account, the pitcher nervously recounted how a ghost had just appeared in his hotel room and that he was now too afraid to sleep alone.

It would appear that the experience, or perhaps the lack of a good night's rest because of it, came back to haunt him the next day as he was shellacked for five runs in just four innings of work. Whether the apparition was truly to blame for his less-than-stellar outing is a matter of conjecture, since Martinez has been plagued with troubles since his return from an injury a few weeks ago. Nonetheless, he joins a long line of other players who reportedly ran into the spirits said to reside in the Pfister Hotel.

Just a couple of years ago, we told you about MLB player Ji-Man Choi's account of sensing a spirit lingering next to him in bed as he tried to fall asleep prior to a game against the Brewers. Why, exactly, teams keep staying at the hotel after so many players have reported ghostly activity is something of a mystery, but, based on how Martinez pitched on Thursday, we're guessing that Milwaukee fans hope that they don't make any changes to their travel arrangements.

Reactions: 7Critter
A major league baseball player visiting Milwaukee for a series against the Brewers seemingly had his performance suffer after encountering a ghost at a notoriously haunted hotel. Carlos Martinez of the St. Louis Cardinals was staying at the infamous Pfister Hotel when the spooky sighting occurred. In a post to his Instagram account, the pitcher nervously recounted how a ghost had just appeared in his hotel room and that he was now too afraid to sleep alone.

It would appear that the experience, or perhaps the lack of a good night's rest because of it, came back to haunt him the next day as he was shellacked for five runs in just four innings of work. Whether the apparition was truly to blame for his less-than-stellar outing is a matter of conjecture, since Martinez has been plagued with troubles since his return from an injury a few weeks ago. Nonetheless, he joins a long line of other players who reportedly ran into the spirits said to reside in the Pfister Hotel.

Just a couple of years ago, we told you about MLB player Ji-Man Choi's account of sensing a spirit lingering next to him in bed as he tried to fall asleep prior to a game against the Brewers. Why, exactly, teams keep staying at the hotel after so many players have reported ghostly activity is something of a mystery, but, based on how Martinez pitched on Thursday, we're guessing that Milwaukee fans hope that they don't make any changes to their travel arrangements.
handy excuse lol

When I was a kid I always wondered if the spirits of Ty Cobb or Hank Greenburg where at the old stadium I kind of feel likes it's a crime to tare down the original ballparks especialy Detroit's Brigg Stadium because it's not like the real estate is worth anything in that area. I can understand Newyork city land being expensive but they could have preserved the old stadium and made and museum for the tigers there.

Reactions: 7Critter and Lynne
When I was a kid I always wondered if the spirits of Ty Cobb or Hank Greenburg where at the old stadium I kind of feel likes it's a crime to tare down the original ballparks especialy Detroit's Brigg Stadium because it's not like the real estate is worth anything in that area. I can understand Newyork city land being expensive but they could have preserved the old stadium and made and museum for the tigers there.
You have to see the new stadium , it is beautiful.