Ghost Adventures shares facts

The next new episode, tomorrow night on Discovery Plus and April 30th on Travel Chanel, is yet ANOTHER Utah location!

Two in a row!

This time it's a historical, pioneer-era grist mill that I am very familiar with. It is located just a stone's throw from my astronomy club's observatory and about a ten-minute drive from Asylum 49, which has been featured twice on GA in the past. It also is a location that the local "ghost tour" paranormal investigators have held parties in. I believe it's in the state historical register and the owners charge a fee to investigate.

Here is footage from one of the ghost tours there: Video – Wasatch Investigative Society for Paranormal Studies

You want to watch the Benson Grist Mill clip. Way too much talking going on but then it's a social club. I also know that the moving box is probably not paranormal, the building is very old and creaky, sways in the slightest wind. The mill is located right next to a highway with lots of big truck traffic on certain nights (it's the highway to the racetrack also), I suspect that has much to do with it, I don't recall anyone using a Geophone to detect ground movement simultaneously.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
You have inspired me to tune back into the new shows. I honestly had lost interest with Zacks bravado that often put his friends in harms way.

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
I'm more interested in the sites they visit, and I watch carefully when they use equipment that we have. I especially watch Billy and Jay, they know more about the equipment than either Aaron or Zak.

Zak has a penchant for melodrama, I've learned to just wait it out.

Reactions: Lynne
Again in retrospect I was unfair to Zak. His style has always been very gung-ho, but whatever you think of it, his formula for a paranormal reality show works very well. He has been very successful in bringing paranormal investigation to the public.

I couldn't help but watch five minutes of the new episode on D+ this morning. It is the Benson Grist Mill in Stansbury, UT. A local favorite location for "group investigations" (parties). I don't know the local investigators they interviewed. I'll catch the rest of it tonight with Mrs. GW. The mill is about 25 minutes from our house. I drove right by the place for decades before I got into the paranormal.

This episode will be on Travel Chanel next week, tonight on Travel it's Mayhem in Millville, a case of home possession in a small town about an hour and a half north of me.

Reactions: Debi
No new episodes on Travel Chanel tonight. I had thought there was a one week delay from D+ but apparently not.

Reactions: Lynne
Again in retrospect I was unfair to Zak. His style has always been very gung-ho, but whatever you think of it, his formula for a paranormal reality show works very well. He has been very successful in bringing paranormal investigation to the public.
Oh no doubt. I just get uneasy when he puts his friends in a position they are not comfortable with.

I'm more interested in the sites they visit, and I watch carefully when they use equipment that we have. I especially watch Billy and Jay, they know more about the equipment than either Aaron or Zak.

Zak has a penchant for melodrama, I've learned to just wait it out.
I like to see the locations too

As soon as a TV show puts a location on the map, it attracts crowds. The rental fees shoot up and only large groups can afford to book them.

I read that Leslie's Family Tree restaurant was sold last year. Some of you may remember it featured on GA some years back, it's an hour drive south of us in light traffic. I haven't heard of any plans by the new owner. One can't help but wonder how the wider exposure affected the decision to sell. They hosted ghost hunting dinner parties in the past.