Getting to know you....

Welcome to PNF Bill. Great bunch of people gathered here. I didn't know until after logging on how much it grows on you. I hope you find the answers you are seeking or even at the very least, a good laugh as we have humor as well :) Got something for the whole spectrum.

Hello everyone, I had a telepathic incident the day my son was murdered. That was many years ago, but now in my senior years I've begun to think about how that experience might be related to my own death. My doctor hasn't told me I've got a terminal disease (other than aging itself, of course) but I thought it might be helpful to get on a forum like this one and see where it takes me.

Bill (Qwertyportne)
Welcome to PNF, Bill! Can you share a little more about your experience?

Reactions: ozentity
Hey, thanks for the replies everyone. I'll give you all a more complete description of what happened tomorrow. Tonight I'm going to be as busy as a nine-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!
Welcome Bill, I hope you enjoy it here and looking forward to helping you with this.

Reactions: Selectric
Hello Bill, and welcome. If you feel comfortable relating the story of your telepathic incident, and subsequent thoughts on it, there are those here who can be helpful in you unraveling it.
My son, his mother and I had driven to the mountains to hike and run the Pacific Crest Trail. I was training for a 50-km race. His mother was training for the 10 mile part of the event. Our son wasn't doing the race but was also a runner and came along to be with us. We left the parking lot around 8 in the morning. His mother planned to hike for an hour or so, but I wanted to run for 3 hours. Our son was tired from a week of college exams, so he decided to run with me for 20 minutes, then return to the car and wait for us.

When he and I got to his turn-around, I gave him the keys to our car. I continued up the trail to my turn-around, then started back. When I was 3 miles from the parking lot, a very dark, ominous feeling came over me. I didn't hear a voice but something inside me wanted to get back to my wife and son quickly. It was frightening and urgent—not something I could dismiss as imagination or indigestion.

When I got near the parking lot, my wife was walking around calling for our son—not loud enough for me to hear her when I had been 3 miles away, but there was an urgency in her voice. We searched the forest and the road leading up to the trail head for an hour but never found him. Exhausted, I ran down to a nearby restaurant and called the police. The search party found our son late that evening but the detectives never found his killer.

Before that tragic day, I was too busy with life to pay any attention to death. My nose was to the grindstone, my elbow was in the grease, my head was in my career, and my heart was in my family and friends. That morning, I woke up to a new world—a world more ugly, dangerous and terrifying than the one I had known.

What I heard has never been in doubt. The message was as plain as if somebody had shouted words in my ears. What I have wondered all these years is who sent the message? Was it my son—telepathically while he was being killed? Or supernaturally after he was dead? Or was it my wife communicating telepathically as she searched frantically for him?

My wife and I shared the burden of his death and the search for answers to questions like those for many years. When she died, I expected to receive something from her but that didn't happen so I was left to ponder the questions and the answers on my own.

My son, his mother and I had driven to the mountains to hike and run the Pacific Crest Trail. I was training for a 50-km race. His mother was training for the 10 mile part of the event. Our son wasn't doing the race but was also a runner and came along to be with us. We left the parking lot around 8 in the morning. His mother planned to hike for an hour or so, but I wanted to run for 3 hours. Our son was tired from a week of college exams, so he decided to run with me for 20 minutes, then return to the car and wait for us.

When he and I got to his turn-around, I gave him the keys to our car. I continued up the trail to my turn-around, then started back. When I was 3 miles from the parking lot, a very dark, ominous feeling came over me. I didn't hear a voice but something inside me wanted to get back to my wife and son quickly. It was frightening and urgent—not something I could dismiss as imagination or indigestion.

When I got near the parking lot, my wife was walking around calling for our son—not loud enough for me to hear her when I had been 3 miles away, but there was an urgency in her voice. We searched the forest and the road leading up to the trail head for an hour but never found him. Exhausted, I ran down to a nearby restaurant and called the police. The search party found our son late that evening but the detectives never found his killer.

Before that tragic day, I was too busy with life to pay any attention to death. My nose was to the grindstone, my elbow was in the grease, my head was in my career, and my heart was in my family and friends. That morning, I woke up to a new world—a world more ugly, dangerous and terrifying than the one I had known.

What I heard has never been in doubt. The message was as plain as if somebody had shouted words in my ears. What I have wondered all these years is who sent the message? Was it my son—telepathically while he was being killed? Or supernaturally after he was dead? Or was it my wife communicating telepathically as she searched frantically for him?

My wife and I shared the burden of his death and the search for answers to questions like those for many years. When she died, I expected to receive something from her but that didn't happen so I was left to ponder the questions and the answers on my own.
Thanks for sharing what must be a very painful memory. I'll be interested in reading the thoughts of others here better suited than I relative to the source and meaning of the message you received.

Hi Bill, welcome aboard.
I'm sorry that happened to you. I will give it a good think today. Maybe I can have some insight but I got to figure out how to put it in words.

Hey everyone! Just found your forums yesterday, and this seems like a really nice place to be!

I’ve been on reddit for the past 10 years or so, but I’m kinda fed up with that, as it’s hard to just have a conversation with people. Before joining reddit I was active on a few forums, including Open Minds before it closed down in 2011.

I’ve been into the subjects of UFOs, paranormal and cryptids for as long as I can remember. I’ve had some unexplainable experiences myself that I will make sure to share here.

It’s nice to be here and chat with you all!

Hey everyone! Just found your forums yesterday, and this seems like a really nice place to be!

I’ve been on reddit for the past 10 years or so, but I’m kinda fed up with that, as it’s hard to just have a conversation with people. Before joining reddit I was active on a few forums, including Open Minds before it closed down in 2011.

I’ve been into the subjects of UFOs, paranormal and cryptids for as long as I can remember. I’ve had some unexplainable experiences myself that I will make sure to share here.

Hi Facetus, and welcome. I think you'll find PNF very different from other forums, and hope you enjoy it. Look forward to reading of your experiences.

Welcome and happy to have you with us. Looking forward to getting to know you. :)