Getting to know you....

Hey everybody! I'm new here, but not to the forum scene. Before some kind of shutdown (still not sure if it's just "renos" or lack of funds in covid-related xD), I frequented talkparanormal. I always loved talking about paranormal topics, through highschool. When I hit university, I found that site and got my first opportunity to talk about these topics at-will (and not just late-night walks with friends). It's been 12 years since then, but I still love having these talks.

I've had a few paranormal experiences, but only about 3 or 4 instances are ones that coloured me odd enough to logically pursue. Those same instances have lead me to want to find the best/most accurate way to validate them. So, that's what drives me, more or less. :)

Generic stuffs: I'm from Canada. I'm a university graduate. My favourite book series is The Wheel of Time, I really hope I can say the same about the tv series coming out. :D Hi!

Hey everybody! I'm new here, but not to the forum scene. Before some kind of shutdown (still not sure if it's just "renos" or lack of funds in covid-related xD), I frequented talkparanormal. I always loved talking about paranormal topics, through highschool. When I hit university, I found that site and got my first opportunity to talk about these topics at-will (and not just late-night walks with friends). It's been 12 years since then, but I still love having these talks.

I've had a few paranormal experiences, but only about 3 or 4 instances are ones that coloured me odd enough to logically pursue. Those same instances have lead me to want to find the best/most accurate way to validate them. So, that's what drives me, more or less. :)

Generic stuffs: I'm from Canada. I'm a university graduate. My favourite book series is The Wheel of Time, I really hope I can say the same about the tv series coming out. :D Hi!
Welcome, Ishamael, to the ParaNormal Forum.

Last edited:

Hi and welcome! Glad to have you with us.

Reactions: 7Critter
Hello Ishmael.
Welcome aboard. What did you study ?
My name is Paintman and I love the red hot Chicago White Sox and the color yellow. You may know me as the inventor of the Brazilian Steakhouse burger. Also once petted a kangaroo, and have been falsely accused of cheating at solitaire. However I'm not too sure what the rules are.

Welcome aboard , we look forward to hearing your stories.

Thanks for the welcome everybody! Just sorting out new school stuff. Making a career shift, so re-schooling happens. I'll be in the forums more often, when I settle in.

Hello Ishmael.
Welcome aboard. What did you study ?
My name is Paintman and I love the red hot Chicago White Sox and the color yellow. You may know me as the inventor of the Brazilian Steakhouse burger. Also once petted a kangaroo, and have been falsely accused of cheating at solitaire. However I'm not too sure what the rules are.

Hey there, Paintman! Great little intro, as to yourself! xD
I'm Canadian, so "Go Jays!" and whatnot hahaha.

As to what I studied, it was an honours criminal justice and public policy program. But turned into a double major in philosophy, as well. The latter was definitely way more interesting LOL. I had more of a focus in the philosophy of morality and political philosophy. All that said and done, the entire process is about logic and better developing the ways in which to apply it. I've had a few experiences, which I couldn't fully and empirically answer. So, my interest in the paranormal has crossed with my passion for logic and understanding of things. :)

Edit *addition*: Also, I like to ask some of those "big" questions, just to see where people stand on a lot of things. Of course, I share too, but it's more important for me to get to know the people I like to chat with :) Plus, it's good practice for developing concepts!

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Ishmael, sounds like quite an education.
The Blue Jays were my safety team for several years.
Looks like I'm rooting for Oakland going forward.
Funny story. I had two baseball bats as a kid. One was a Rod Carew H&B flame temperd, and then a Reggie Jackson Adirondack when I became a teenager. I still have the Reggie Jackson but somewhere along the line lost the Rod Carew and I still want to find it.
So when the old gang gets together for funerals or picnics, I ask if they accidentally took it, seen it.....
After asking one guy for the umpteenth time, "Yes Paintman, I took it and have been purposely tormenting you for 43 years."

Reactions: Lynne
Hello everyone, I'm S3ke and new to the forum. Thank you for adding me. I've always had a peaked interest in the paranormal and glad to have stumbled upon it in my research. I live with my mom, sister, grandfather, and grump cat. I work as a CNA in a nursing home and have had quite a few experiences in my life whether during my military career and my CNA one. I look forward to reading interesting topics and exchanging opinions with others on the happenings. Nice to meet you. :)