Getting to know you....

Greetings from the Piney Woods of East Texas. I'm Dan, my last name starts with M so that danm isn't damn. I'm a 65-year old retired man that has always had a fascination with the odd things in the world. I'm not totally a believer nor am I a skeptic that refuses to hear what you have to say. I came here because it is hard to find a place where you can have an intelligent conversation about these sorts of topics.

The naysayers not only don't believe, but they also can't even bear to allow it to be intelligently and politely discussed. This is in itself something that is strange and a bit of a mystery to me. They won't discuss that either.

I have over the many years had several run-ins with the strange and odd. Several I have figured out and sort of debunked by understanding what people were seeing but there were also a few that I still scratch my head and wonder about.

UFOs are real. That said, that doesn't mean that they are filled with little green men. All it means is that it is an UNIDENTIFIED flying object. Many I can and have identified. Most of the rest are just not definitive enough to make even an educated guess. The problem is the few that are too clear to explain away other than to say "Man, I don't know WHAT that thing was!!!".

I've seen things that have made me at least open-minded about the possibility of ghosts and hauntings. I also have had several ESP experiences that are either amazing coincidences or precognition.

I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all.

Greetings from the Piney Woods of East Texas. I'm Dan, my last name starts with M so that danm isn't damn. I'm a 65-year old retired man that has always had a fascination with the odd things in the world. I'm not totally a believer nor am I a skeptic that refuses to hear what you have to say. I came here because it is hard to find a place where you can have an intelligent conversation about these sorts of topics.

The naysayers not only don't believe, but they also can't even bear to allow it to be intelligently and politely discussed. This is in itself something that is strange and a bit of a mystery to me. They won't discuss that either.

I have over the many years had several run-ins with the strange and odd. Several I have figured out and sort of debunked by understanding what people were seeing but there were also a few that I still scratch my head and wonder about.

UFOs are real. That said, that doesn't mean that they are filled with little green men. All it means is that it is an UNIDENTIFIED flying object. Many I can and have identified. Most of the rest are just not definitive enough to make even an educated guess. The problem is the few that are too clear to explain away other than to say "Man, I don't know WHAT that thing was!!!".

I've seen things that have made me at least open-minded about the possibility of ghosts and hauntings. I also have had several ESP experiences that are either amazing coincidences or precognition.

Welcome Dan M to the ParaNormal Forum (PNF). Thanks for introducing yourself.

Reactions: Donna K.
G'day, DanM looking forward to hearing of your accounts.With so much diversity in the paranormal its good to hear all the different life experiences of people open to this.Plenty of like minded people here.

Reactions: Donna K.

Hi Dan and welcome to the Forum. You have a splendid attitude about the paranormal. What many people don't understand is that even those of us with a belief in it want to know what is the real thing and not faked or in fact something that could be debunked. Many different views here and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reactions: Lynne and Donna K.

Hi Dan. Welcome to many many intelligent conversations, diverse opinions, and Roads mostly untraveled. I think your main problem here will be getting us shut up. :hearnoevil: :D

Ahhhh. The Paradox. I'm familiar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
Hey gang, Jim Speiser here from an RV resort in AZ. Just thought I'd check into this place and see how it compares to a similar project I started 33 years ago (!) called ParaNet. Back then there was no internet, so our platform was QBBS. (Anyone here remember Bulletin Board Systems? FidoNet? 1200 baud modems?)

I'm also here to discuss 2 things, and maybe y'all can point me to the right subforum for each. First, I'm all in on this Paranormal Caught On Camera on TRVL, and I'm interested in any discussions of it here.

Second, about a year ago, I saw my first (and hopefully LAST) Full Body Apparition. That may seem like no big deal to most of you, but I am an atheist, and a long-time skeptic of things ectoplasmic. So it was quite an eye opener. Still not convinced I saw the spirit of a dead person, all I know is, there was definitely a girl walking on my patio, and she did not show up on my security camera.

I look forward to enlightening and friendly discussion. Thanks for the welcoming atmosphere.

Hey gang, Jim Speiser here from an RV resort in AZ. Just thought I'd check into this place and see how it compares to a similar project I started 33 years ago (!) called ParaNet. Back then there was no internet, so our platform was QBBS. (Anyone here remember Bulletin Board Systems? FidoNet? 1200 baud modems?)

I'm also here to discuss 2 things, and maybe y'all can point me to the right subforum for each. First, I'm all in on this Paranormal Caught On Camera on TRVL, and I'm interested in any discussions of it here.

Second, about a year ago, I saw my first (and hopefully LAST) Full Body Apparition. That may seem like no big deal to most of you, but I am an atheist, and a long-time skeptic of things ectoplasmic. So it was quite an eye opener. Still not convinced I saw the spirit of a dead person, all I know is, there was definitely a girl walking on my patio, and she did not show up on my security camera.

I look forward to enlightening and friendly discussion. Thanks for the welcoming atmosphere.
Hi Jim, and welcome. I'm sure some of our IT guys here will understand the tech talk of which you speak...lol Me? Not so much.

I would suggest you post your experience in Your Paranormal Experiences sub forum. You will get good feedback there, and who says it has to be a dead person? (Now, I think it may be, but there are other answers out there, such as energy imprints.)

Reactions: Wind in Trees
Welcome Dam and Jim. You both sound like the kind of people we will enjoy discussing topics with. Just jump in where you have an interest.

Reactions: Wind in Trees
Hey there,

My name is Robby and im from Germany.
My english is far from perfect, but I think i'll be able to communicate here. I came here because every single german paranormal forum is kinda inactive and boring. There is like 1 new message every few days and thats just frustrating... the only paranormal thing there are the dead threads lol. And I don't wanna write in threads which are abandoned since mid 2018. Yeah thats why im here now.. I'll do my best trying to follow the threads and maybe even participate in it. I think this will also help me to improve my english. ☺