Getting to know you....

Hello. My name is Scott Harper. I'm a bestselling author - mostly fantasy, and paranormal/horror - and a stay-at-home dad. I've been interested in anything paranormal, or cryptozoological for my entire life. I'm 42-years-old, and love cats. Of course, we have a feline family member. I'm happily married to bestselling author Desirée Lee. We have a 4-year-old daughter; she's almost 5-years-old. I grew up in Ohio, lived in Florida for 14 years, and now live in the northernmost part of California. My wife, and I both grew up in haunted houses.

The house we live in now is also haunted. All three of us have been the ghost. She roams all over the house. I've seen her in our daughter's bedroom, the kitchen/dining room doorway, and on the stairs. Our daughter has seen her in her bedroom, and the kitchen. My wife has seen her in the living room.

When we first moved in, we actually lit up some sage, trying to get rid of the ghost. She ended up pushing my wife down the stairs four times. Each time, my wife was carrying our daughter. Luckily, neither of them were badly hurt! The ghost used to open, and slam our bedroom door during the late night/early morning hours, too. We were glad when that stopped! Now, after the better part of five years in this house, we, and the ghost accept each other. We don't bother her; she doesn't bother us. She's just here. Our daughter is afraid of her. Hopefully she'll grow out of that with time.

While living in Ohio, I had some sightings/experiences with sasquatch, too. I'll go into that sometime in the appropriate area of the site.

I have both trigeminal neuralgia, and fibromyalgia. What a combination, huh? Between the two of them. I'm not able to do much writing anymore. My works in progress are going very, very slowly these days. My wife is in the same boat, having fibromyalgia, too. Luckily, she doesn't have the trigeminal neuralgia to go with it! Sadly, being bestselling authors doesn't necessarily translate into having a lot of money. My wife works outside the home.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here, and exchanging information.

Hello. My name is Scott Harper. I'm a bestselling author - mostly fantasy, and paranormal/horror - and a stay-at-home dad. I've been interested in anything paranormal, or cryptozoological for my entire life. I'm 42-years-old, and love cats. Of course, we have a feline family member. I'm happily married to bestselling author Desirée Lee. We have a 4-year-old daughter; she's almost 5-years-old. I grew up in Ohio, lived in Florida for 14 years, and now live in the northernmost part of California. My wife, and I both grew up in haunted houses.

The house we live in now is also haunted. All three of us have been the ghost. She roams all over the house. I've seen her in our daughter's bedroom, the kitchen/dining room doorway, and on the stairs. Our daughter has seen her in her bedroom, and the kitchen. My wife has seen her in the living room.

When we first moved in, we actually lit up some sage, trying to get rid of the ghost. She ended up pushing my wife down the stairs four times. Each time, my wife was carrying our daughter. Luckily, neither of them were badly hurt! The ghost used to open, and slam our bedroom door during the late night/early morning hours, too. We were glad when that stopped! Now, after the better part of five years in this house, we, and the ghost accept each other. We don't bother her; she doesn't bother us. She's just here. Our daughter is afraid of her. Hopefully she'll grow out of that with time.

While living in Ohio, I had some sightings/experiences with sasquatch, too. I'll go into that sometime in the appropriate area of the site.

I have both trigeminal neuralgia, and fibromyalgia. What a combination, huh? Between the two of them. I'm not able to do much writing anymore. My works in progress are going very, very slowly these days. My wife is in the same boat, having fibromyalgia, too. Luckily, she doesn't have the trigeminal neuralgia to go with it! Sadly, being bestselling authors doesn't necessarily translate into having a lot of money. My wife works outside the home.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here, and exchanging information.
Hi Scott, and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us. (And I'm having a bad fibro day today myself. I understand this. And you have a double whammy!)

Your ghost sounds interesting, and I'm glad you have learned to live with her without fear. I hope you laid down some ground rules for her, especially toward your daughter. Need any advice on that, let us know. We have many good people here who have experience with such things.

And you said the magic word for many here....sasquatch. We are loaded with cryptid loving people here.

If you need assist with anything here on site, just let me know. Look around, get comfy, and post away.

Hi Scott and welcome. I hope you will join us for our show nights. 10 pm eastern time tue thru sat nights.
Looking forward to getting to know you

Hi Scott welcome. I'm relatively new to the forum but you'll find Debi's place is by far the best forum for all things paranormal and the members here, well family really are just fantastic.

Hello, everyone. Thank you for the welcomes.

Things have calmed way down with the ghost since we moved into this house almost five years ago. This house had been owned by people who own hotels in the area. They used the house as basically a long-term hotel room. We think that the ghost was tired of a parade of people through the house who never stayed. We've made a home here. She seems to like that.

We've asked the ghost to leave our daughter alone - several times. She does for a while, then needs to be asked again.

From time to time she makes herself known in other ways, too. Such as just a few days ago. I was on the couch with my laptop - where I am now; it's more comfortable than working at my desk. Across the room, on the entertainment center, the X-box 360 turned on, and the CD drawer opened. No one was near it when that happened. No one human, anyway! Things like that happen on occasion.

Hello, everyone. Thank you for the welcomes.

Things have calmed way down with the ghost since we moved into this house almost five years ago. This house had been owned by people who own hotels in the area. They used the house as basically a long-term hotel room. We think that the ghost was tired of a parade of people through the house who never stayed. We've made a home here. She seems to like that.

We've asked the ghost to leave our daughter alone - several times. She does for a while, then needs to be asked again.

From time to time she makes herself known in other ways, too. Such as just a few days ago. I was on the couch with my laptop - where I am now; it's more comfortable than working at my desk. Across the room, on the entertainment center, the X-box 360 turned on, and the CD drawer opened. No one was near it when that happened. No one human, anyway! Things like that happen on occasion.
Spirits tend to be drawn to electronics. And hey, if it's a younger spirit child, why not go for the X-Box!

Reactions: Lynne and Charleh

Hi Scott_Harper. Glad that you found us and introduced yourself. If you have any issues navigating the PNF forum, just about any of the regulars can direct you. We have very friendly, helpful and respectful members.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi

Welcome Scott! I'm sorry to hear about the illness. I never made it to professional level but was an amateur writer and artist and health problems have killed that for me at least for now. I do like your attitude towards the ghost! Live and let live. Does that work? Live and let die?
In any case, glad to have you aboard!