Getting more than you bargained for with Home DNA tests

I get the sigil idea how does this cross into AI ? Btw what a great way to set intention. Sigils In my opinion help set intention and can be a way of manifesting our ideas into the physical world. The creation of the sign seems to be that in itself. Joshua Warren has done sand and water sigil creation with vibrations. I find the topic very interesting.

I could offer several ideas (time permitted). But let’s start with one foundational part, which is my job - I have three key responsibilities the third of which is focused here in the US domestically (not part of my international role). In that domestic role I work with AI. Though I can’t talk about the underlying technologies because they are company trade secrets (and reasonably some of those details are even kept from me), I can tell you the goal of the AI I work with. It’s designed to search through patients’ medical records to flag discrepancies for review - instances where there is clinical evidence of undiagnosed illnesses and the reverse, where there are documented diagnoses without material supporting evidence.

Primary reason for sharing that Lynne is to point out that AI can be created to find data (in a database) and examine it against other data (in the same or different databases) - that review being done within some specific context.

Now, to muse further about my sigil ideas will require too that we decide our moralistic limits about (1) how to gain access to the relevant DNA data and (2) what to do to it once you have access to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Benway and Paintman
I get the sigil idea how does this cross into AI ? Btw what a great way to set intention. Sigils In my opinion help set intention and can be a way of manifesting our ideas into the physical world. The creation of the sign seems to be that in itself. Joshua Warren has done sand and water sigil creation with vibrations. I find the topic very interesting.

I’ve created only one sigil but never charged it. Uncertain if an charged sigil actually qualifies as a sigil...hum.

But I suspect sigil is a great mystical outlet for someone who is into any form of graphic arts - like you and your painting.

Last edited:
The fine print tells you the info is shared with various other data basis....which includes our government. We've already had several cold cases solved by using relatives results, so even if you don't use the test yourself, if a close enough relative does, they can still track you by relationships. In the case of my niece, only two other relatives had taken the test....a half sister and a cousin. With just that, they tied a whole family unit together.

Debi, I’d like to see something like the EU’s GDPR law enacted in the US. This EU law mandates that any personal information collected from any EU citizen must come with an explanation for how that data will be used and list any entities that personal data could be shared with.

Two specific points about GDPR should be extra interesting in context of this thread:
1. Entity must protect to ensure that the personal data collected is not used outside of its original stated purpose without first contacting the individual to request their additional approval for that extended incremental use. Doesn’t that sound like a pain in the butt.
2. The EU citizen has the later right to request that their collected info be removed from the stated original data storage place(s). This also obligates the original collector to purposefully reach out to any secondary recipients of same personal data to instruct them to delete it from their database(s) too. Does that sound like two pains in two butts.

Of courses penalties exist for any entity who screws this stuff up and extra penalties exist on the original entity if they can’t take responsibility for knowing and managing the entire string of data ownerships and exposures.

I suspect this kind of law would seriously muck up some key business/income models of FaceCrook, Sgroogle, and a few others. By the way, the GDPR d-o-e-s also apply to how US entities handle personal info of EU citizens too (but law has a delayed US effective date if I recall).

Relevance to this thread is that with a similar law here, the DNA testing companies could be prevented from revealing to you the identity of someone else genetically related to you who wants to remain anonymous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Benway and Paintman
Debi, I’d like to see something like the EU’s GDPR law enacted in the US. This EU law mandates that any personal information collected from any EU citizen must come with an explanation for how that data will be used and list any entities that personal data could be shared with.

Two specific points about GDPR should be extra interesting in context of this thread:
1. Entity must protect to ensure that the personal data collected is not used outside of its original stated purpose without first contacting the individual to request their additional approval for that extended incremental use. Doesn’t that sound like a pain in the butt.
2. The EU citizen has the later right to request that their collected info be removed from the stated original data storage place(s). This also obligates the original collector to purposefully reach out to any secondary recipients of same personal data to instruct them to delete it from their database(s) too. Does that sound like two pains in two butts.

Of courses penalties exist for any entity who screws this stuff up and extra penalties exist on the original entity if they can’t take responsibility for knowing and managing the entire string of data ownerships and exposures.

I suspect this kind of law would seriously muck up some key business/income models of FaceCrook, Sgroogle, and a few others. By the way, the GDPR d-o-e-s also apply to how US entities handle personal info of EU citizens too (but law has a delayed US effective date if I recall).

Relevance to this thread is that with a similar law here, the DNA testing companies could be prevented from revealing to you the identity of someone else genetically related to you who wants to remain anonymous.
there is a lot to this. I’m afraid I don’t trust government or big business to follow the rules if they decide to discriminate against a certain genetic group. I will personally opt out. Unless a family member doxxes me.

While the points cited are real concerns, as it was further pointed out, if family members have already participated in DNA testing, they have already outed you. One good thing that came to me as a result, (yes, I participated) was that I finally discovered what my ancestry was composed of. My mother was raised in a foster home and never knew her father. I used to envy people who could proudly reel off their ancestry information, so it was really cool to finally fill in the missing links!

I had mine tested,I figured big brother already knows everything anyway.Funny thing my mums side are darker skinned,my whole family believing we had Maori ancestors.Turns out I am part Jamaican,Scandinavian and Irish.The best thing was I found I had a half brother and sister 10 and 15 years younger which was great, seeing my only other brother died young.So I'm off to plunder someone for their Bob Marley cd's and eat some potato chips,must keep my mixed culture alive.

I had mine tested,I figured big brother already knows everything anyway.Funny thing my mums side are darker skinned,my whole family believing we had Maori ancestors.Turns out I am part Jamaican,Scandinavian and Irish.The best thing was I found I had a half brother and sister 10 and 15 years younger which was great, seeing my only other brother died young.So I'm off to plunder someone for their Bob Marley cd's and eat some potato chips,must keep my mixed culture alive.
That is a wild mix of cultures! lol Gotta ask...did it change how you think of yourself, Oz?

I sort of always had an idea as I've always been into Reggae music and having blonde hair and ginger beard and a Swedish surname have always had an affinity with the old Vikings.I get a bit carried away as now have a shaved head with a plat and beard.I feel proud of my heritage and has made me understand what makes me who I am.I'm wondering which culture has given me my interest and acceptance of the paranormal,my brother and myself were always very sensitive to this.

I'm waiting for a novel or movie based on the results of a home DNA test. The theme would lend itself well to any number of genres, including SF (non-human DNA identified), a political thriller (DNA proves legitimate heir to the Russian throne), crime drama (DNA identifies sibling of a guy who ripped off a Mexican drug cartel), or even Hallmark channel chick flick
(widow finds out coworker is the brother of her late husband and they fall in love.) The idea could even be used to rev up an existing movie franchise like "Rambo" or "Austin Powers."

I'm waiting for a novel or movie based on the results of a home DNA test. The theme would lend itself well to any number of genres, including SF (non-human DNA identified), a political thriller (DNA proves legitimate heir to the Russian throne), crime drama (DNA identifies sibling of a guy who ripped off a Mexican drug cartel), or even Hallmark channel chick flick
(widow finds out coworker is the brother of her late husband and they fall in love.) The idea could even be used to rev up an existing movie franchise like "Rambo" or "Austin Powers."

I agree Duke. I offer a remake of “The Beverly Hillbillies” sitcoms. The new premise is that DNA testing proves they are not all related as they thought. So they return to their rural roots to uncover which one actually has a different mother and thusly disavow their hillbilly heritage.